• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Our first round pick: this CB?

JawnyBlaze

On 3/2/2016 at 7:30 AM, Rags said:

Don't be. Gentleman doesn't ever draft for need. BPA all day every day.

And believe it or not, corner is one of our biggest needs, even if we sign Josh to a deal.

I'm not hot on Jackson yet, but I love him a lot. Fwiw, I felt the same way about Shaq last year.

Pros is he'd fit us like a damn glove. Zone cover DB who plays loose and has very good movement in his hips. Ball hawk who often makes plays on the ball. And he's very fast with good size.

Cons are Jesus this man cannot tackle. He plays very undisciplined trying to tackle and often bounces off of people. Can get out physicaled at the top of routes at times. Not sure he'd be ready to start anytime soon.

I actually think Gettleman does draft a lot for need. 

2015: Needs were WR, OL, RB, Special Teams: We drafted Funch, D. Williams, CAP, Mayo. The Shaq pick was his planning for the future pick. He always seems to have those type of picks as well. Traded up for Funch and Williams to get their need.

2014: Needs were WR, OL, DL, CB: Picks were KB, Ealy, Turner, Boston, Bene. Our pick for the future was Ealy bc at that time we franchised Hardy and I think we were renting him. Traded up for Bene to get a need. 

2013: Needs were DT, OL, CB: Picks were Star, KK, Kugbila, Klein. 

So I do feel like he does BPA but he might trade up to get his guy as BPA. So if we "need" a DL, OL and CB after free agency. I highly believe we will get one of each. 

1 hour ago, yasuhara2241 said:

I actually think Gettleman does draft a lot for need. 

[...] So I do feel like he does BPA but he might trade up to get his guy as BPA. So if we "need" a DL, OL and CB after free agency. I highly believe we will get one of each. 

Yes, I think Gettleman has shown a mix of drafting "pure" BPA, as well as a kind of BPA-needs based hybrid.

If our holes & needs are pretty well-filled through free agency & re-signing our own players, then I see the possibility of Gettleman trading up in the 2nd for someone he really likes, even if that might mean we end up with a draft class of only 4 players.

Just now, KB_fan said:

Yes, I think Gettleman has shown a mix of drafting "pure" BPA, as well as a kind of BPA-needs based hybrid.

If our holes & needs are pretty well-filled through free agency & re-signing our own players, then I see the possibility of Gettleman trading up in the 2nd for someone he really likes, even if that might mean we end up with a draft class of only 4 players.

It's hard to really gauge Gettleman in FA yet because this is the first year we actually have cap space. I am really interested to see the FA signings this year because it will really tell us a lot about how he will run this team. 

I also think he isn't afraid to trade draft picks for guys he likes but I don't see him as a guy to trade many high or mid round future picks

Jackson III may very well be worth our 1st round selection. Dude looks legit. I've been reading Alexander might fall to the 3rd. I'd be willing to trade up in the 2nd for Kendall Fuller if available. The future with Norman in Carolina looks bleak.

Archived