• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

potential 2nd / 3rd rounder for us

juliosantos

2 hours ago, carolina-chuck2 said:

Funchess wasn't supposed to be there in the 2nd last year too

Lol says who? First off we traded up for Funchess, secondly many thought he was a late 2nd round probable 3rd round pick.

Boyd is a flat out better prospect than Funchess

23 hours ago, ncfan said:

Still would rather have Shepard.  We don't really need a #1 with KB.  And think Funch will develop into a solid #2 so no need there at the moment.  Boyd is a guy who potential #1 outside for a team with big needs at WR and a #2 similar to Funch.  We need that slot guy, kinda what Cotch played.  Shepard is exactly what we need.

http://www.thebackyardbanter.com/reception-perception-2016-nfl-draft-prospects-results.html

"Sterling Shepard simply broke the system with an 82.8 percent success rate against man coverage, and 91.1 percent against press. Question his size, or a future as “just” a slot receiver, but that is a rare ability to get open. Over a full Reception Perception sample, Shepard posted SRVC numbers akin to that of some of the best wide receivers in the NFL. His advanced and nuanced route-running combined with tangible athletic gifts should make him a lock for a top-three ranking at his position."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000516197/article/which-top-wide-receiver-prospects-have-best-hands

"The premier set of hands in college football belong to Oklahoma's Sterling Shepard. Shepard has dropped just four passes on 225 targets over his three seasons, including only one drop over his last 162 targets. However, Shepard is more than just a great pair of hands.

In 2014, he was targeted 35.2 percent of the time (a relatively high number, showing the confidence his quarterback had in him) and had a catch of 25 yards or more once every 6.5 targets (Pitt's Tyler Boyd averaged one every 10.5 targets). Shepard's soft hands, elite focus and ability to get open will make him a favorite of NFL scouts."

Shepard would be a great fit for us. We need a slot reciver other than Brown. He fits our system as well. Kind of reminds me of Smitty when he was playing for us. Small frame, great speed and vertical, and solid hands.  

4 hours ago, DaCityKats said:

Boyd is a very smooth WR who runs good routes, and catches almost everything thrown in his direction.does seem to be 1 speed, but has that Keenan Allen feel to him. 2nd best route runner to Sterling Shepard in my eyes.

i agree 100 % i would love him or shepard 

16 hours ago, GoobyPls said:

Lol says who? First off we traded up for Funchess, secondly many thought he was a late 2nd round probable 3rd round pick.

Boyd is a flat out better prospect than Funchess

funchess was going late first in some of the old mocks 

1 hour ago, Killa Cam 69 said:

We need a stud pass rusher and another corner.. Not sure if we need another wide out.

IMO. The reason we still need a DE, DT, and CB is because Gman is waiting on the draft. If we get a DE, and DT, but miss out on a WR. Then Gman will get the WR in FA. Or if we get the DE, and a WR, Gman will bring in another DT. Like using FA to fill out the holes you missed in the draft. Instead of the other way around like usual.

Of course that would mean that Gman is changing his philosophy. He would be drafting for need, hopefully. By targeting DE, DT, or CB in the first 3 rounds. And what he doesn't get. He will go shopping at Target to fill in the holes.

But then again, what do I know? I was fully behind letting Rivera finish out his original contract.

Archived