• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Summer 2016 Transfer Window

DirtyMagic97

2 hours ago, DirtyMagic97 said:

Morata isn't interested in being Vardy's backup.

Yea, I'm good with that.  Wenger bought a proven EPL striker in his prime...  That never happened before.  Giroud is slow and almost only scores with his head...  He's been terrible for Alexis and Ozil.  Vardy will stretch the field, allowing Alexis to be Alexis.

58 minutes ago, DirtyMagic97 said:

Liverpool have reportedly agreed to a fee with Cologne for Jonas Hector. Have been given permission to speak with his agent about a deal.

We also recently had a bid rejected for Leroy Sane and are considering bidding again. Sane is a massive talent with tons of potential. Would be a great signing that.

Watch inflow of Germans to your team.

21 minutes ago, ARSEN said:

Yea, I'm good with that.  Wenger bought a proven EPL striker in his prime...  That never happened before.  Giroud is slow and almost only scores with his head...  He's been terrible for Alexis and Ozil.  Vardy will stretch the field, allowing Alexis to be Alexis.

I wouldn't yet say he's proven. He had one good season. The year before he scored like 4 goals in 30-something appearances. He didn't just suddenly become good. Raineri got a good system working for him, which is a very different system than the one Wenger runs.

Vardy is basically a counter-attack merchant Mahrez beneficiary. He doesn't thrive in tons of quick passes near the box, which is a lot of what Arsenal likes to do. He'll have to adapt if he goes.

I'm definitely not saying he can't succeed there, and at £20m it's not really much of a risk. I'm just thinking it's a bit of a weird signing.

10 minutes ago, DirtyMagic97 said:

I wouldn't yet say he's proven. He had one good season. The year before he scored like 4 goals in 30-something appearances. He didn't just suddenly become good. Raineri got a good system working for him, which is a very different system than the one Wenger runs.

Vardy is basically a counter-attack merchant Mahrez beneficiary. He doesn't thrive in tons of quick passes near the box, which is a lot of what Arsenal likes to do. He'll have to adapt if he goes.

I'm definitely not saying he can't succeed there, and at £20m it's not really much of a risk. I'm just thinking it's a bit of a weird signing.

Alexis is much better Mahrez.  Wenger will try to run similar attack where Vardy will be in a lot of space.  It was impossible with Giroud cause he slow as poo so they had to do a lot of small passes in the box.

When Walcott played CF last year, Arsenal counterattack was deadly but Walcott is a shitty finisher.  Arsenal average 25 shots per game, 12 on target and only 2 goals...

7 minutes ago, ARSEN said:

When Walcott played CF last year, Arsenal counterattack was deadly but Walcott is a shitty finisher.  Arsenal average 25 shots per game, 12 on target and only 2 goals...

This is kind of what I'm getting at. Arsenal like to set up really close to the 18 yard box and work their way in with tons of passes. Vardy just breaks out and has 1-2 shots per game. Maybe he scores, maybe he doesn't. It's just a different system. Perhaps Arsenal can find a way to make it work.

Apparently, we're going after every single available, and maybe not so available, striker this offseason. I mean, according to the British media, if the person's at least scored a single goal from the forward position, then he must be linked to Spurs.

I hate the rumor mill dartboard they use. I mean, why let any facts get in the way of the Sunsational story?! (Deliberate misspell, yes)

9 minutes ago, ARSEN said:

Wenger is switching formation so looks like no LW.

image.jpeg

I don't recall Wenger ever running a 4-4-2 diamond. That's a pretty substantial overhaul to make around a 29 year-old.

Xhaka also likes to get forward quite a bit and Cazorla and Wilshere don't offer enough cover. Surely they won't line up this way?

1 hour ago, DirtyMagic97 said:

I don't recall Wenger ever running a 4-4-2 diamond. That's a pretty substantial overhaul to make around a 29 year-old.

Xhaka also likes to get forward quite a bit and Cazorla and Wilshere don't offer enough cover. Surely they won't line up this way?

We will see...  Wenger is playing on last year of contract and Arsenal said they will not renew him until next year...  If he fails to deliver, he will not be resigned.  Wenger made over £100M over the past 15 years as Arsenal coach.

49 minutes ago, ARSEN said:

We will see...  Wenger is playing on last year of contract and Arsenal said they will not renew him until next year...  If he fails to deliver, he will not be resigned.  Wenger made over £100M over the past 15 years as Arsenal coach.

Holy poo, that is insane 

Archived