• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

That Locker Room Leadership...Wow!

AntiBuc

There's a link to this video in another thread, but this deserves it's own discussion.  In an interview on CNBC's "Squawk Box", Rivera is interviewed and discusses how his team leaders have stepped in to take care of locker room issues.  The story starting at :49 is pretty amazing to me.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/business/article70710467.html

Nutshell - young player breaks rule; coach is about to take care of it when vet says "I'll take care of it"; later vet comes back and says "done"; Rivera asks what'd you do?; Vet says, "I told him I talked to coach and we're not going to fine you.  I told him 'if you're going to break that rule, fine me'!"

He didn't identify the players involved but I can picture any one of our captains taking care of business in that situation.  Don't think the young player will break that rule again!  

1 hour ago, Jackofalltrades said:

Old story, but still a good one. 

I'd heard many times about the captains taking care of such things; I'd never heard the angle where a vet told the young guy due some discipline that he'd advised the coach to fine him (the vet) if the kiddo broke the rule again...and made it clear to the younger player what he'd told the coach.  Thought that was nice way to keep things in line.

Archived