• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Post-Norman compensatory pick outlook

jdpanther5

Let's hope Fernando Velsaco doesn't get cut from the Bills before the season starts. It's my understanding the loss of him then will not count against the compensatory pick formula, and therefore the 3rd round compensatory pick from the loss of Josh would be lost as well

5 hours ago, Norway said:

Let's hope Fernando Velsaco doesn't get cut from the Bills before the season starts. It's my understanding the loss of him then will not count against the compensatory pick formula, and therefore the 3rd round compensatory pick from the loss of Josh would be lost as well

Boykin signed for the vet minimum, so he's unlikely to count against us. Velasco probably won't count either, so it's really just Nortman/Norman lost vs. Gradkowski gained. 

2 hours ago, jdpanther5 said:

Boykin signed for the vet minimum, so he's unlikely to count against us. Velasco probably won't count either, so it's really just Nortman/Norman lost vs. Gradkowski gained. 

I see. That's positive! Then the nightmare would be if Boykin somehow counted for us, and Velasco got cut. But given that Boykin signed for vet minimum as you say, the 3rd round compensatory pick should fall right into Gettleman's lap. A bit of relief is doesn't all depend on mr. Velasco 

9 hours ago, The Lone Panther said:

I have a feeling we're going to trade our 3rd round pick for next year to move up in the 2nd for this years draft, probably to a team like Tennessee who has nine picks. 

A 3rd next year should be enough to give the Bengals at 24 to get a cornah over the Steelers.  I doubt we do but who knows.

9 minutes ago, zacka77ack said:

so who will be getting picks 97/98 if the Panthers could get 99/100?

It's important to note that there are other factors that influence the formula in ways that aren't made public (playing time, awards, etc.). But, assuming the numbers for Norman have been reported accurately, we can generally assume the 3rd round comp. picks will go as follows. 

On 4/21/2016 at 0:18 AM, jdpanther5 said:

97. Denver - Brock Osweiler: $18,000,000

98. Miami - Olivier Vernon: $16,750,000

99. Carolina - Josh Norman: $15,000,000

100. Denver - Malik Jackson: $14,250,000

101. Los Angeles - Janoris Jenkins: $12,400,000

102. Baltimore - Kelechi Osemele: $11,200,000

103. Kansas City - Sean Smith: $9,250,000

Archived