• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Best Hair Band songs

stankowalski

32 minutes ago, Bronn said:

for the longest time I thought that one guy was Shawn Michaels

Rofl

he used to have that hard rock/metal frontman look in the early 90s. It's like his wardrobe was a combination of David Lee Roth and Axl Rose

also I thought Marty Jannetty was Steve Perry from Journey for a while

14 minutes ago, frash.exe said:

also I thought Marty Jannetty was Steve Perry from Journey for a while

YES! It always bugged me that he looked familiar too, and now I see that! HAHAHA

man, we had the best childhood, with the peak of wrestling and hair metal...

I consider myself very fortunate I spent the majority of the 80's overseas and didn't have to endure much of the hair band era. 

Anyone else see David Coverdale at the Rock & Roll HOF recently? He went in with Deep Purple. Holy fug at the plastic surgery! And his current wife is probably 30 years younger than he is.

dave-and-cin-july-06-244x300.jpg

1 hour ago, Bronn said:

YES! It always bugged me that he looked familiar too, and now I see that! HAHAHA

man, we had the best childhood, with the peak of wrestling and hair metal...

My life at the time

WWF superstars

X Men animated series

Bobby's World

Eek the cat

Batman animated series

MMPR

Sega Genesis

24 minutes ago, frash.exe said:

My life at the time

WWF superstars

X Men animated series

Bobby's World

Eek the cat

Batman animated series

MMPR

Sega Genesis

bruuuuhhhh...

parallel universes exist!

a lot of those rang true for me too...

I was born in 1980. I can remember being mad I had to go to school one Saturday during my Primary school years to make up a snow day because I was going to miss the WWF cartoon.

But yeah, a little later on in my years, it was WWF/WCW, XMen the animated series (can hear the theme song in my head right now), Bobby's World, Super Nintendo (I was running full seasons in Super Play Action Football before Madden was really a big thing,) Sega Genesis (Eternal Champions, Jurassic Park,) etc. etc. etc. Those were the days, man!

35 minutes ago, Bronn said:

bruuuuhhhh...

parallel universes exist!

a lot of those rang true for me too...

I was born in 1980. I can remember being mad I had to go to school one Saturday during my Primary school years to make up a snow day because I was going to miss the WWF cartoon.

But yeah, a little later on in my years, it was WWF/WCW, XMen the animated series (can hear the theme song in my head right now), Bobby's World, Super Nintendo (I was running full seasons in Super Play Action Football before Madden was really a big thing,) Sega Genesis (Eternal Champions, Jurassic Park,) etc. etc. etc. Those were the days, man!

My fav games were columns, sonic and captain america and the avengers. Except I was horrified at the sight of the red skull in that game. It was some uncanny valley type poo. Some of our relatives had the SNES so I got to play that too.

I loved the Captain America & The Avengers game too! I remember playing as Hawkeye, lighting folks up with some arrows. IIRC you could play as all of them. Captain America could throw his shield.

lol sorry I have trashed the 80's hair thread with my nostalgia...

Yea you could. You could also have two player because it was an arcade port. But you could only play two unlike the arcade version where four players could've been online. I missed the whole arcade halcyon. By the time I was old enough to play, they were waning and the 16 bit home consoles were dominating. 

Also I could make a whole thread about this but did it almost feel to you like the 90s didn't really feel like the 90s until late 1992? It was almost like 90 and 91 were more like the 80s than the 90s. And going forward a decade it continued to feel like the 90s until 9/11, and then it felt like the 2000s.

26 minutes ago, frash.exe said:

Yea you could. You could also have two player because it was an arcade port. But you could only play two unlike the arcade version where four players could've been online. I missed the whole arcade halcyon. By the time I was old enough to play, they were waning and the 16 bit home consoles were dominating. 

Also I could make a whole thread about this but did it almost feel to you like the 90s didn't really feel like the 90s until late 1992? It was almost like 90 and 91 were more like the 80s than the 90s. And going forward a decade it continued to feel like the 90s until 9/11, and then it felt like the 2000s.

For me, the 90's could have even been later, into the 94 era because of music and stuff... The 80's were great, but I agree that the 90's seemed delayed. And yes, 9/11 pretty much defined the 2000's, sadly.

Archived