• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Around the NFL Podcast: NFC South Preview

CarolinaSunday

3 minutes ago, SCP said:

Is this sarcasm? It happened last year.

Not sure it did.  Josh Norman's famous end zone interception was against Luke McCown, not Brees.

Don't remember whether we had any interception of Brees in the 2nd game against them.

2 hours ago, KB_fan said:

Not sure it did.  Josh Norman's famous end zone interception was against Luke McCown, not Brees.

Don't remember whether we had any interception of Brees in the 2nd game against them.

I'm fairly certain you did. It was a 30 point route. I'm talking game deciding interceptions though. Closest thing would be when Luke picked him off in the 3rd quarter of the monsoon game, but even that wasn't  game deciding.

20 minutes ago, CarolinaJami' said:

Kurt Coleman picked off Drew Brees in the second game.

Thanks.  I was watching preseason games tonight on GamePass and too lazy to go look up the info in the 2015 gamebooks I'd saved from last season.

I don't like the "everything went the Panthers way last year" argument. We didn't have KB, Luke missed games, Charles Johnson missed games, J-stew missed games, Tillman missed games and we had to sign corners off the street. How does that equate to "everything went their way".  It's tough to win in the NFL every team faces adverse situations. It's about how you react to them. That argument tends to imply that our players got lucky. I like to think they responded well when they had to.

31 minutes ago, CarolinaJami' said:

I don't like the "everything went the Panthers way last year" argument. We didn't have KB, Luke missed games, Charles Johnson missed games, J-stew missed games, Tillman missed games and we had to sign corners off the street. How does that equate to "everything went their way".  It's tough to win in the NFL every team faces adverse situations. It's about how you react to them. That argument tends to imply that our players got lucky. I like to think they responded well when they had to.

Thank you!!!!  This needed to be said.

I'll add to your list:

Star missed games.  Norwell missed games.  Kalil missed a game. 

Also, Frank Alexander who we were counting on as a key player on our Dline last season tore his achilles in the preseason and was lost for the season (the fact that he was later was suspended a year for another Pot infraction was sort of irrelevant since he was on the IR)

Archived