• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Asked to join a league drafting tomorrow, will be my only league, what guides are recommended?

KSpan

I haven't played fantasy in almlst 10 years but was asked to fill in for a guy who bailed on a league. Draft is at a bar tomorrow night and is offline, 10-team PPR league, I'm apparently drafting 7th.

What guides/player rankings would y'all recommend as a crash course tonight?

Couple of other items about format:

- No points for completions, no negatives for incompletions

- No points for carries

- 1 point per 25 return yards (quality return man might be a decent utility play)

- Weekly rosters are QB/ 2RB / 2 or 3 WR (don't remember)/ 1TE/ 1Utility/ 1K/ 1Defense/ 6 bench spots

Any recommendations on a good draft mag or site for player rankings?

Check out ESPN. I think they have consensus rankings of like 5 or 6 analysts and I think you can also filter your search to PPR.

Since it is PPR you want to lock up a top WR, maybe even two, early. At 7 you might be able to get someone like Hopkins. Get a good #1 rb but for your rb2, you can afford to wait and just get an rb that gets a lot of catches (someone like Theo Riddick).  As the draft progresses, your late round rb picks need to be rbs that get catches.. Giovani Bernard, Duke Johnson, Charles Sims. Those guys will actually have week-to-week value over a big goal line type back.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

http://www.espn.com/fantasy/football/story/_/id/17054264/fantasy-football-ppr-rankings-2016-espn-nfl-rankings-ppr-top-300-overall

There are PPR rankings from ESPN. The site that your league uses and that site's rankings will have an effect on everyone else's drafting.

Using these ranks, Hopkins is likely gone. Bell and Marshall are a real possibility for your first two picks and I don't think you'd be disappointed.

8 hours ago, imminent rogaine said:

Check out ESPN. I think they have consensus rankings of like 5 or 6 analysts and I think you can also filter your search to PPR.

Since it is PPR you want to lock up a top WR, maybe even two, early. At 7 you might be able to get someone like Hopkins. Get a good #1 rb but for your rb2, you can afford to wait and just get an rb that gets a lot of catches (someone like Theo Riddick).  As the draft progresses, your late round rb picks need to be rbs that get catches.. Giovani Bernard, Duke Johnson, Charles Sims. Those guys will actually have week-to-week value over a big goal line type back.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Thanks for the links. After reviewing I put together some quick cheat sheets and think it went pretty well overall. Folks were doing some interesting things for a PPR (Gurley #1 overall, Cam #3 overall, Ezekiel Elliott and Aaron Rodgers #10 and #12 overall, etc) and there ended up being 12 teams instead of 10. RB depth is a touch thinner than I'd like but WR is pretty solid with some potential trade bait as the season goes on.

Here's what I ended up with, keeping in mind that it's 1 PPR and 1 pt per 25 return yards:

QB - Bortles

RB - Peterson, Woodhead, Duke Johnson, Starks

WR - Cooks, Tate, Matthews, Lockett, Garcon, Tajae Sharpe

TE - Gronk, Martellus Bennett

K - Gano

Def - Carolina

10 hours ago, KSpan said:

Thanks for the links. After reviewing I put together some quick cheat sheets and think it went pretty well overall. Folks were doing some interesting things for a PPR (Gurley #1 overall, Cam #3 overall, Ezekiel Elliott and Aaron Rodgers #10 and #12 overall, etc) and there ended up being 12 teams instead of 10. RB depth is a touch thinner than I'd like but WR is pretty solid with some potential trade bait as the season goes on.

Here's what I ended up with, keeping in mind that it's 1 PPR and 1 pt per 25 return yards:

QB - Bortles

RB - Peterson, Woodhead, Duke Johnson, Starks

WR - Cooks, Tate, Matthews, Lockett, Garcon, Tajae Sharpe

TE - Gronk, Martellus Bennett

K - Gano

Def - Carolina

Looks pretty solid to me. Lots of receptions on that squad. I imagine you took Bortles fairly late; I like that pick. At the end of the year I doubt there is that big of a difference between him and Aaron Rodgers who you said got taken at 10th overall.

2 hours ago, imminent rogaine said:

Looks pretty solid to me. Lots of receptions on that squad. I imagine you took Bortles fairly late; I like that pick. At the end of the year I doubt there is that big of a difference between him and Aaron Rodgers who you said got taken at 10th overall.

Got Bortles in the 9th round and thought about trying to go later, but figured QBs would end up going quickly after my pick since guys might not want to wait 20-some picks for QBs (snake draft format). There did end up being a run on QBs after I took him so it worked out as I suspected it would.... being stuck with Matt Ryan was an unacceptable option for multiple reasons.

Archived