• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

For original Van Halen fans

Jangler

17 minutes ago, dave-o said:

Cool....  First time I saw those guys was 1984 in Roanoke Va....  Hell of a show !!

Legend has it...or not? This song is about when they were in WS at the Lawrence Joel Collisuim, and played so loud, the roof,( glass windows, close enough,) fell in...

16 minutes ago, Jangler said:

Legend has it...or not? This song is about when they were in WS at the Lawrence Joel Collisuim, and played so loud, the roof,( glass windows, close enough,) fell in...

It certainly wasn't the Joel.  The Joel was built after Roth left VH.  Maybe it was the old WS memorial coliseum.  That place was falling apart by the late 70's  I saw Van Halen there, but I don't remember any incidents.  But then that was in my stoner days, so I might not be remembering everything.  :)

24 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

It certainly wasn't the Joel.  The Joel was built after Roth left VH.  Maybe it was the old WS memorial coliseum.  That place was falling apart by the late 70's  I saw Van Halen there, but I don't remember any incidents.  But then that was in my stoner days, so I might not be remembering everything.  :)

Yup, you are correct. U hi.

I witnessed live the attempted comeback of VH a few years ago in Greensboro... DLR was embarrassing.

I witnessed live a show with Sammy Hagar as the frontman and it was pretty damn good.

I witnessed live the first incarnation of VH, right after they changed their name from "Mammoth," sometime in 1973 and it was incredible.... although DLR couldn't sing back then, either. 

I saw the original lineup for 1984 tour in Madison Square Garden, saw them probably 3 times with Hagar and also saw the reunion tour a few years ago in Greensboro and I have to agree that DLR sucked hard in Gboro. The 1984 tour was the best but followed closely by the 5150 tour with Hagar, they all seemed to like each other and had fun on stage.  Did Led Zeppelin's "Rock and Roll" as an encore and Michael Anthony sang lead for one verse and he nailed it, it was awesome.

Archived