• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton Being Cam: Wishing Bo Happy B-Day and More!

Saca312

5 hours ago, arbnranger said:

Cool stuff man. 

You don't happen to remember a big scuttle about an Auburn fraternity getting raided by some army dudes in the early 90's do ya? 

Hahaha, no, I had graduated and been 5 or more years in the Navy at that point.

Do tell!

4 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

Also, Auburn's best of all time list should be 1) Bo (I love you, Cam, but Bo did it in two sports) 2) Cam 3) Chuck 4) Frank 5) Tim Hudson

In college, Bo also lettered in track.

Oh, and don't forget Auburn's long-ago first Heisman Trophy winner, Pat Sullivan (jersey #7) and his 2-time All-American primary receiving target, Terry Beasley (jersey #88).

tiger7_88... get it?  :)

Beasley was one of the toughest son-of-a-guns to ever play football.  He played in the era of waking a guy up who had been knocked cold with smelling salts and then giving him his helmet and putting him back in.  He estimates that through his high school, college, and NFL career that he suffered 52 concussions.  Here's a good (yet disturbing) article about him and what he goes through.

http://www.oanow.com/sports/college/auburn/football/a-costly-legacy-auburn-s-greatest-receiver-terry-beasley-paid/article_5a4df952-e43e-11e2-8f20-001a4bcf6878.html

1 hour ago, tiger7_88 said:

In college, Bo also lettered in track.

Oh, and don't forget Auburn's long-ago first Heisman Trophy winner, Pat Sullivan (jersey #7) and his 2-time All-American primary receiving target, Terry Beasley (jersey #88).

tiger7_88... get it?  :)

Beasley was one of the toughest son-of-a-guns to ever play football.  He played in the era of waking a guy up who had been knocked cold with smelling salts and then giving him his helmet and putting him back in.  He estimates that through his high school, college, and NFL career that he suffered 52 concussions.  Here's a good (yet disturbing) article about him and what he goes through.

http://www.oanow.com/sports/college/auburn/football/a-costly-legacy-auburn-s-greatest-receiver-terry-beasley-paid/article_5a4df952-e43e-11e2-8f20-001a4bcf6878.html

Haha I've mentioned Sullivan and Beasley before and you pied me. I never forgot about Sullivan, but Hudson being a stud in two positions plus an excellent pro career just pushed him over for fifth. As it is, every athlete in the world is behind Bo

Archived