• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Two Potential Draft Prospects

OldNorthPowell

Corey Davis

wprDDAd.jpg

After the season is over I expect that the coaches will be evaluating the offense a lot. Ted Ginn JR has regressed a lot in the span of one year. Ginn is still a solid option as the 3rd wr. I am not sold on Kelvin Benjamin or Devin Funchess being the top wr. Being honest Devin Funchess should be the 4th option and Benjamin should be the 2nd option. Corey Brown is solid depth. The rest are not worthy of being on an NFL roster.

So, if the team wanted to improve the offense in the 1st round they could go wr. If they do there is one guy that stands out to me over the rest, Corey Davis. Davis may of played in the MAC conference but his numbers stand out regardless. He has the ability to create first downs out of screen plays as well as the ability to make highlight catches deep down the field. This guy could easily become the number one option for Cam Newton for years to come. He compliments KB on the other side and opens up the offense to counter the blitz.

Leonard Fournette

Kp4rF6v.jpg

The Panthers have relied too much on Jonathan Stewart these past few seasons. Stewart is constantly sidelined with an injury and the team has no true back up to replace him. Also, it seems like Stewart is having problems finding holes in the defense like he used to. The offensive line is partly to blame here as well as Mike Shula. It is possible that the team looks to cut him and then replace him in the draft.

One name in the draft that many people including myself would like to see in a Panthers' uniform is Leonard Fournette. This guy is built similar to Stewart but has more speed when he finds a hole in the defense. The highlight video above also shows the guy is capable of running defenders over like he is a semi truck. He has had issues with injury recently (risky pick) but when he is healthy he is a dominant runner who can get yards after contact.

Just my two cents guys not saying these are the only two guys to look at. These are just two guys I would personally like to see play for our team next season. Hopefully that will be with a new playcaller on offense. Crossing my fingers. Everyone have a good day.

• 2 weeks later...

would love Fournette. We would have to got T in either the 2nd or 3rd rounds though. Hell hopefully we draft 2 or 3 lineman this year. Im not set on us drafting a WR btw. I'm pretty upset with Kelvin rn and think we are better without him, but I think the guys we have without him are good enough where it won't be an issue if cam gets out of his funk. I also think Funchy will have a breakout year soon. 

But hey, as long as its not a Dt I guess I'm ok with it

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/14/2016 at 3:59 AM, Panthers8969 said:

would love Fournette. We would have to got T in either the 2nd or 3rd rounds though. Hell hopefully we draft 2 or 3 lineman this year. Im not set on us drafting a WR btw. I'm pretty upset with Kelvin rn and think we are better without him, but I think the guys we have without him are good enough where it won't be an issue if cam gets out of his funk. I also think Funchy will have a breakout year soon. 

But hey, as long as its not a Dt I guess I'm ok with it

Or LB lol. We ignore offense a lot. 

Archived