• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The possibility still exists....

Mr. Scot

As much as I respect Fox, I'm afraid I have to agree. I disagree on too many of his philosophies to stand behind him.

Things I like about Fox.

1. D First

2. Smashmouth O

3. Good talent evaluator

4. Does not call out players at risk of dividing team (though I would often like him too)

5. Likes to build from the draft

Things I dislike about Fox.

1. I LOATHE his D. I don't necessarily hate the Cover 2, but I hate it when a coach tries to run a D when he clearly, obviously doesn't have the players.

2. I hate his QB philosophy. We've never pursued a top notch QB in the draft. I know the flameout rate is high, but I'm not against spending a 2nd, 3rd round pick on a QB and see what happens. All our QBs are undrafted or off the scrap heap.

3. Rarely admits problems on the team, even when obvious.

I wouldn't call hitting on your First rounders and the ocassion late rounder and not much else, being a good talent evaluator. The best draft we have had to me was last year and I think that was due more to Dan Gregory then Fox or Hurney. I like Gregory and our scouts but Hurney and Fox can let the door hit them on the way out.

On a related note, part of me wonders whether or not it might be better for the team to lose - perhaps even in embarrassing fashion - to the Cowboys on Monday. If that happened, they'd have two weeks to sit and stew over that loss. And hey, who knows? Perhaps 0-3 with two embarrassing losses in the rear view mirror would be a sufficient kick in the teeth to get some fire back in these guys' stomachs.

So yeah, I'm okay with losing a game if it makes us better overall.

No.

If annihilation at home by the Cardinals in the playoffs and an entire offseason to chew on their perfromance doesn't wake up the 21 of 22 starters or whatever it is, getting creamed by the Cowboys will only put this team deeper into a stupor.

IMO this season rests on Monday Night. Win and have a shot, lose and go 5-11.

I think he is quickly showing that he can't overcome that saturation point. The area where Fox is supposed to be the best at coaching, defense, has looked completely lost for almost a whole season. I think it is time for a new coach to bring in a scheme that will get these players excited and motivated.

If he resorts to the wildebeest speech, I'd favor firing him on the spot

Archived