• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lunar eclipse and comet tonight

pstall

August 21, 2017. It will be be GLORIOUS! Please let the sky be clear on that date. I witnessed a total eclipse of the sun at Myrtle Beach in 1970. Yes, I'm old. Put this on your bucket list. I'll be going down to Anderson, SC to see it. If the weather there is not clear, I'll have to go westward to see it. Right down the middle of Heartland, USA. WOOHOO. Don't miss this, it will rock your soul. Solar eclipses are astoundingly beautiful, are very rare, and unlike lunar eclipses, they are only visible to a narrow strip on the Earth.

SC_thumb-2.jpg

2 minutes ago, Jaycat said:

August 21, 2017. It will be be GLORIOUS! Please let the sky be clear on that date. I witnessed a total eclipse of the sun at Myrtle Beach in 1970. Yes, I'm old. Put this on your bucket list. I'll be going down to Anderson, SC to see it. If the weather there is not clear, I'll have to go westward to see it. Right down the middle of Heartland, USA. WOOHOO. Don't miss this, it will rock your soul. Solar eclipses are astoundingly beautiful, are very rare, and unlike lunar eclipses, they are only visible to a narrow strip on the Earth.

SC_thumb-2.jpg

You sound EXACTLY like my cousin. He used the words glorious and like seeing God for this one.

9 hours ago, Davidson Deac II said:

We were at a concert listening to some Jazz with some Sinatra thrown in, and I took a break to go outside and view the eclipse.  It could barely be seen.  

Yeah, it was pretty wimpy. Moon was in penumbra rather than umbra, so it wasn't even in Earth's full shadow. Brightness of moon was only knocked down by 4%.

2017-02-11-18-57-36--785086699.jpg

Archived