• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Are You A Draft Nut? Then This Website's For You!

Saca312

I just recently came across this website, and I got to say I think I've found a gem of a football analyzer. So much so, I feel like I need to share this with the rest of the Huddle.

https://mattwaldmanrsp.com/

In case you didn't know, Matt Waldman appears to be a guy doing a ton of videos on rookies; particularly QBs, RBs, and WRs. His videos are informative and very concise. He's a great evaluator and allows you to see the players for what they truly are.

In fact, I just recently watched his Fournette tape. I'm appalled we basically saw the same things from the same game, and this video actually summarizes my thoughts on Fournette like exactly. 

It's scary how close my analysis and his are. Just based on that I believe he's a true analyzer.

So, his website features a lot of good stuff. He has a players section for basically a lot of runningbacks, wide receivers, and quarterbacks coming out of this draft. He uses a logical approach in his segments for the players, and looks to ensure he gives accurate analysis.

https://mattwaldmanrsp.com/category/players/

For example, he gives a tough - yet fair - assessment of Dalvin Cook in one of them. Here's a taste:

https://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2017/01/04/rsp-film-room-no-87-rb-dalvin-cook/

Here’s where I am now: Cook’s burst, agility, patience, and decision-making are all starter-caliber traits. I don’t like his power. It’s average, if not below-average for an NFL starter who will run from the I-Formation on a regular basis.

I’m considering whether his balance will make up for it. His balance is a strength of his game.

There are other questions related to this: Is Cook a true 214 lbs or is that a college-adjusted 10-15 pounds that wear down to 195-200 as a season progresses?  Will Cook be able to add weight and maintain his explosion? Could Cooks’ above average balance make up for his power?

For those of you wondering, I think of Power as strength to push piles and run through wraps and break multiple tackles during a carry. Cook can break tackles to wraps below his shins and he has the slippery power to avoid direct hits that lead to solid wraps. But there are a lot of backs in this draft that I’d rather have at the goal line or in short-yardage if we know the play will require the power I defined above.

The one facet of Cook’s power that I like a lot is his stiff-arm. It’s accurate, well-placed, and effective against all three levels of defenders. But I’d classify a stiff arm as a category of Leverage and I probably will when it’s time to recategorize the RSP criteria in a few years.

Where Cook shines against contact is his balance. He bounces off hits from all comers when the path of the hit isn’t from directly over top.

Like Marshawn Lynch and Darren Sproles, Cook has a knack for getting hit in the legs at angles that would topple most backs but he has an awareness for where his legs should land so the force of the blow and the movement of his body won’t be too much for his footing to stay intact. It’s like watching a cat land on its feet despite making odd leaps while playing with another animal or a knocking a glass off a table and seeing it land on its base after tumbling base over lip.

I doubt the answers to these questions will knock Cook from the top tier of this class of backs. It hasn’t so far.

Still, I’m left wondering something that I never thought I’d be at this point: Is Cook the safest back in this class but not necessarily the one with the greatest upside?

Yep. It's pretty good stuff.

So, if you want to keep up with your favorite runningback or wide receiver for the upcoming draft, this website is a really good resource with great analysis you can utilize when considering a prospect. From the past, he has graded Jordan Howard and Le'Veon Bell really well in his analysis of them, and both have performed above expectations to say the least. 

I think it's a real cool resource that I stumbled upon, and I can assure you I'll likely post stuff with thoughts from some of his articles on here.

Or it could be I'm shell-shocked at how similar our analysis of Fournette are. I still can't believe it.

12 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

I just recently came across this website, and I got to say I think I've found a gem of a football analyzer. So much so, I feel like I need to share this with the rest of the Huddle.

https://mattwaldmanrsp.com/

In case you didn't know, Matt Waldman appears to be a guy doing a ton of videos on rookies; particularly QBs, RBs, and WRs. His videos are informative and very concise. He's a great evaluator and allows you to see the players for what they truly are.

In fact, I just recently watched his Fournette tape. I'm appalled we basically saw the same things from the same game, and this video actually summarizes my thoughts on Fournette like exactly. 

It's scary how close my analysis and his are. Just based on that I believe he's a true analyzer.

So, his website features a lot of good stuff. He has a players section for basically a lot of runningbacks, wide receivers, and quarterbacks coming out of this draft. He uses a logical approach in his segments for the players, and looks to ensure he gives accurate analysis.

https://mattwaldmanrsp.com/category/players/

For example, he gives a tough - yet fair - assessment of Dalvin Cook in one of them. Here's a taste:

https://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2017/01/04/rsp-film-room-no-87-rb-dalvin-cook/

Yep. It's pretty good stuff.

So, if you want to keep up with your favorite runningback or wide receiver for the upcoming draft, this website is a really good resource with great analysis you can utilize when considering a prospect. From the past, he has graded Jordan Howard and Le'Veon Bell really well in his analysis of them, and both have performed above expectations to say the least. 

I think it's a real cool resource that I stumbled upon, and I can assure you I'll likely post stuff with thoughts from some of his articles on here.

Or it could be I'm shell-shocked at how similar our analysis of Fournette are. I still can't believe it.

8 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Damn, this is a good site. thanks

So was your breakdown based on this guy lol 

Also he picked the worst game to crtize Fournette espeically with a QB who couldnt throw the ball for damn & everyone is playing to stop the run. Just look at the difference in production after he QB change.

11 minutes ago, sanjay_rajput said:

So was your breakdown based on this guy lol

very fishy.

Lol. I still can't believe how similar our draft analysis is. I don't expect you to believe me, as I don't really myself, but I genuinely looked at that game without looking at anything else.

But yeah I mentioned multiple times his ankle could be an issue, and his QB is basically JAG, and I still believe he will be one of the best. What I meant to do through that analysis was really find stuff to nit-pick him on, and I wasn't disappointed. 

He doesn't have the lateral elite cuts you'd see from fluid backs like Freeman and Peterson. He's a far better downhill runner than all of them, which is why I said if he's in that system, he'll be one of the greatest of all time. 

The dude basically said all that and more. I'm honestly shocked.

Archived