• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

49ers Are 'Open For Business' For #2 Pick

bobsfoodbasics

20 hours ago, sanjay_rajput said:

We should trade #8 along with one of the 2nd round pick and future picks along with Devin Funchess.

1. RB: Leonard Fournette

2.  SS: Jabril Peppers

3. TE: Jordan Leggett

4. DE: Trey Hendrickson 

5. WR: Ryan Switzer 

We all get it, you don't like Funch, but why in the world would we trade him right now? He looked like a rookie his rookie year. Everyone is saying the o-line was responsible for Cam having a bad year. Well Cam having a bad year means Funch is going to have one too. He doesn't call the plays or throw the ball to himself. He's now a 3rd year WR that had a poo show at QB last year. He's got an OC that called a horrible season for the passing game last year. Give the man a chance before you label him a bust. 

I don't know why he continues to bring up trading Funchess. The issue there is that Funchess has virtually zero trade value right now. He's essentially seen as a bust at the moment and slow WRs with iffy hands and ball skills are never in high demand. He's on a cheap rookie contract at the moment so our best bet is to hang onto him and hope things click for him. I do think we should be at the point that he has to earn his roster spot. I'm fine with giving a high pick a couple of seasons to adapt to the NFL, but by that 3rd season, you gotta sink or swim. Make the roster on your own merit based on what you can provide the team NOW. No more coasting on "potential".

This is a little off-topic, but I didn't want to start a new thread.  Apparently the 49ers hosted Seahawks restricted free agent OT Garry Gilliam for a visit today. Seattle tendered him at the low level. 

Why this is interesting is because he wouldn't even be a starter for the 49ers.  They are almost positively doing this just to screw over the Seahawks. 

16 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins PhD said:

This is a little off-topic, but I didn't want to start a new thread.  Apparently the 49ers hosted Seahawks restricted free agent OT Garry Gilliam for a visit today. Seattle tendered him at the low level. 

Why this is interesting is because he wouldn't even be a starter for the 49ers.  They are almost positively doing this just to screw over the Seahawks. 

Love this <3

Archived