• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Delhomme's Mechanics and Decision Making

MurkN

Smitty route took him into Double coverage, even I can see that. The correct throw should have been to Moose in this case. JD stared down Smitty so your safety probably didn't even worry about Moose. BAD READ by JD

I see the double coverage, but that doesn't mean the play is a dud. And yes, I do agree that it was the wrong call, I just wanted to point out why Jake might have thrown it that way. Especially since we get to sit here and look at it for hours (if we want), whereas Jake had to decide in mere seconds (less than that).

Hell, he throws to Smith in double coverage all the time. Hell, he rarely throws into more than a 2 yard opening!

I'm just being the devil's advocate.

I'm confused............

Just give the damn ball to Stewart or DeAngelo.........that sounds like a plan.

They would constitute being "too open." Definitely need to throw it where the other team is.

But in all seriousness, throwing into double (or more) coverage is nothing new for the Panthers or Jake.

...look at some of the more spectacular catches by Smith or even the interception just recently on the ball intended for Muhammad.

There is a reason that no NFL QB has ever sucessfully come back from tommy john surgery. and it looks like that trend will uphold. Waiting for Jake to bounce back is becoming a lost cause. 2 TDs 7 ints. John Fox would say "stats are for losers" or "it is what it is". well, looks like hes the loser, so those stats are just for him.

They would constitute being "too open." Definitely need to throw it where the other team is.

But in all seriousness, throwing into double (or more) coverage is nothing new for the Panthers or Jake.

...look at some of the more spectacular catches by Smith or even the interception just recently on the ball intended for Muhammad.

I didn't even think of them being too open! Doh!

It almost seems to me that Jake is trying to prove something with the throws he's made his last few games.

I know they were never the best to start with but he couldn't have just broken down this much. Or maybe it's finally catching up to him.

Sooner or later, throwing into double coverage, triple coverage, you're gonna get burned.

I was gonna write up a really long post on how Delhomme is inable to spread the ball and that leads to our demise.. but meh. i just don't feel like raging over the panthers anymore. I'll just let the season play out and hope we get better.

Im sorry dpantherman, truth is Jake is the same qb now that he was before the surgery. I would even agrue his arm looks a slight bit stronger, or atleast corrected.

What you are seeing from him now is no different than in the past. Call it what you want, but truth is his lucky streak is catching up with him as is his laws of averages. In the end he makes out with the money. Best you can hope for is he becomes aware of his short comings and actually becomes a game manager for once. Of course this would require Davidson to stop freaking out and blowing up the run game so early.

So who are Jake's mechanics. I tried several garages with little luck. Any one know if they are any good at diagnosing problems and adjusting things?:D

Can't recall the exact name of his mechanics, but I did hear Jake recently signed a new endorsement deal with Ducks Unlimited. :rofl:

Can't recall the exact name of his mechanics, but I did hear Jake recently signed a new endorsement deal with Ducks Unlimited. :rofl:

I heard it differently. I thought he gave a big donation to a veteranarian hospital to treat all the wounded ducks he has thrown over the past several years.

Archived