• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Does anyone still think it is a Ruse?

jramsey4

Oh I remember it like it was yesterday all the hopeful optimism that all the bad play in the preseason was due to some elaborate plan by Fox to catch the league napping. I never gave Fox credit for anywhere near that level of creative and cleverness. Now were 0-3 and guess what all the problems in the preseason followed us into the Regular season (we even managed to pick up a few more). But don't worry be happy Fox and Hurney will not be with us next season. I am very confident of that.

Oh I remember it like it was yesterday all the hopeful optimism that all the bad play in the preseason was due to some elaborate plan by Fox to catch the league napping. I never gave Fox credit for anywhere near that level of creative and cleverness. Now were 0-3 and guess what all the problems in the preseason followed us into the Regular season (we even managed to pick up a few more). But don't worry be happy Fox and Hurney will not be with us next season. I am very confident of that.

I said we would likely be 1-2 or 0-3 at the bye. Seems I was right. It is isn't brain surgery, defensive schemes like an aggressive cover 2 take time to learn and even more to master. I thought we played a good half against Dallas but didn't sustain it. With a few more weeks practice perhaps we can play a complete game. Right now the offense is the bigger problem in my opinion. No defense can stay on the field all day and ours in particular is susceptible since it requires speed and energy which get quickly sapped as they stay on the field.

As for Fox and Meeks, way too early to tell what is going to happen.

I said we would likely be 1-2 or 0-3 at the bye. Seems I was right. It is isn't brain surgery, defensive schemes like an aggressive cover 2 take time to learn and even more to master. I thought we played a good half against Dallas but didn't sustain it. With a few more weeks practice perhaps we can play a complete game. Right now the offense is the bigger problem in my opinion. No defense can stay on the field all day and ours in particular is susceptible since it requires speed and energy which get quickly sapped as they stay on the field.

As for Fox and Meeks, way too early to tell what is going to happen.

SOOOOoooooooooooooooooooo..............on the other side of the coin, if it takes so long to learn I guess that explains why they are taking a 5 day vacation during the bye week.

I'll say it again.....Richard Seymour, in 2 days, different scheme, 2 sacks, 4 tackles with TWO DAYS in Oakland. Rookies around the league showing off, making a mark....yeah ok.

It's about heart, and our players don't seem to have it anymore, along with the coaches. Sorry but I am not buying it, especially with all the breaks, days off this team gets, and have been one of the only consistent things with this team since Fox arrived here.

:out:

SOOOOoooooooooooooooooooo..............on the other side of the coin, if it takes so long to learn I guess that explains why they are taking a 5 day vacation during the bye week.

I'll say it again.....Richard Seymour, in 2 days, different scheme, 2 sacks, 4 tackles with TWO DAYS in Oakland.

It's about heart, and our players don't seem to have it anymore, along with the coaches. Sorry but I am not buying it, especially with all the breaks, days off this team gets, and have been one of the only consistent things with this team since Fox arrived here.

:out:

That has nothing to do with why our guys are struggling to learn the scheme. The problem I believe is that we don't know how to play zone defense aggressively. Look at our middle linebackers including Beason and Davis. How many times did they allow a TE or RB a 7 or 8 yard pass over the middle against Dallas. They literally stood there instead of aggressively attacking the guy as soon as he came into their zone. That isn't heart, that is execution and good technique and that is what is lacking.

That has nothing to do with why our guys are struggling to learn the scheme.

55, I respect your football wisdom, and the way you can bring a point across more eloquently than most of us, but I seriously have to disagree with the above statement. He went to a new scheme as well...as I pointed out in the previous post.

Seymour went to a new scheme...and yes, I know it was only one new guy, in the new scheme. Actually, there may have been several new I don't know about for sure, but I know HE was.

All I'm saying is this......Why this complacent attitude when they know for a FACT, they are having problems with it??????

Added to the fact John Fox has done this repeatedly, over, and over again. When we suck....they get a break. I'm not geared like that, and don't really think it is beneficial in any profession.

Do I think I could run the team....HELL NO, but I do know a little about work ethic and responsibility, and the heart, drive and desire to get better if I want to excel in a certain area.

Football is nothing new to me, and I've never been just a sideline fan.

55, I respect your football wisdom, and the way you can bring a point across more eloquently than most of us, but I seriously have to disagree with the above statement. He went to a new scheme as well...as I pointed out in the previous post.

Seymour went to a new scheme...and yes, I know it was only one new guy, in the new scheme. Actually, there may have been several new I don't know about for sure, but I know HE was.

All I'm saying is this......Why this complacent attitude when they know for a FACT, they are having problems with it??????

Added to the fact John Fox has done this repeatedly, over, and over again. When we suck....they get a break. I'm not geared like that, and don't really think it is beneficial in any profession.

Do I think I could run the team....HELL NO, but I do know a little about work ethic and responsibility, and the heart, drive and desire to get better if I want to excel in a certain area.

Football is nothing new to me, and I've never been just a sideline fan.

I don't pretend to know why they are getting 5 days off, I only hope that it is time to let players stew and come back resolved to win instead of practicing which actually makes them fell better since they think they are doing something to fix it. For most athletes not doing something is worse than practicing.

As for Seymour, he went to an old familiar 3-4 scheme instead of the 4-3 the Patriots were running. Getting 2 sacks is his ability which is still considerable. I still don't see much parallels between their situation and ours.

Can't say even though I feared this would happen that I am not as disappointed as everyone else. Particularly in the offense. I said that the offense would have to prop us up until the defense caught up. That surely didn't happen and their struggles just magnified the problems.

Who Told You, You Could Eat My Cookies?

I don't pretend to know why they are getting 5 days off, I only hope that it is time to let players stew and come back resolved to win instead of practicing which actually makes them fell better since they think they are doing something to fix it. For most athletes not doing something is worse than practicing.

As for Seymour, he went to an old familiar 3-4 scheme instead of the 4-3 the Patriots were running. Getting 2 sacks is his ability which is still considerable. I still don't see much parallels between their situation and ours.

Can't say even though I feared this would happen that I am not as disappointed as everyone else. Particularly in the offense. I said that the offense would have to prop us up until the defense caught up. That surely didn't happen and their struggles just magnified the problems.

6 months of stewing didn't change anything I doubt 5 days will.

Electro.. comparing 1 guy to an entire defense is a little much, don't you think? I'd try a little harder. IMO, it's not a great comparison.. You have 11 guys who have to be in different spaces, where as you have a DT who just has to know how to either attack the run or the pass in the defense around him...

and dude, I hear ya.. You're out for blood. Maybe someone hurt your feelings during the preseason, but let's grow up a bit. There's already a thread about this. And to come out swinging due to said hurt feelings makes me think you weren't too sure in the beginning but want to collect your points right up and front (since those feelings got hurt)...

should people rep you and make you feel good about yourself? Because that's all this thread is oozing with.. LOOK AT ME!

I don't know what kind of things people were saying that caught your attention (in particular).. but the starters don't play the majority of the games meaning- they aren't in to get momentum going (very important in football) and the 2nd stringers are in most of the time, they haven't played another team for 6 months or so, they are getting a new system down, they are trying to gel once again, and you think people that say "I wouldn't put too much stock into the preseason" are crazy?

We went 4-0 in back to back preseasons before and came out horrible.. Do you want to go back in time and crown the Panthers as victorious or were you there saying "It's only preseason!"....? or are you going to ignore this little tidbit?

damn, let's stay level headed just a tad bit here....

6 months of stewing didn't change anything I doubt 5 days will.

The big difference is that for six months they stewed about missed opportunities and what they would do to be different. But they thought they would pick up where they left off and with the new scheme would be even better.

Now they are stewing about the fact that they aren't executing, things are worse on offense and defense instead of just defense, and they are playing poorly on both sides of the ball.

That is much different than what they were thinking or worried about over the offseason.

Electro.. comparing 1 guy to an entire defense is a little much, don't you think? I'd try a little harder. IMO, it's not a great comparison.. You have 11 guys who have to be in different spaces, where as you have a DT who just has to know how to either attack the run or the pass in the defense around him...

and dude, I hear ya.. You're out for blood. Maybe someone hurt your feelings during the preseason, but let's grow up a bit. There's already a thread about this. And to come out swinging due to said hurt feelings makes me think you weren't too sure in the beginning but want to collect your points right up and front (since those feelings got hurt)...

should people rep you and make you feel good about yourself? Because that's all this thread is oozing with.. LOOK AT ME!

I don't know what kind of things people were saying that caught your attention (in particular).. but the starters don't play the majority of the games meaning- they aren't in to get momentum going (very important in football) and the 2nd stringers are in most of the time, they haven't played another team for 6 months or so, they are getting a new system down, they are trying to gel once again, and you think people that say "I wouldn't put too much stock into the preseason" are crazy?

We went 4-0 in back to back preseasons before and came out horrible.. Do you want to go back in time and crown the Panthers as victorious or were you there saying "It's only preseason!"....? or are you going to ignore this little tidbit?

WTF are you talking about? I was commenting on how ill founded those beliefs that Fox was orchestrating some elaborate plan to make the league think we sucked so he could surprise them in the Reg season. The problems that showed up in the preseason carried over to the reg season.

Every team in the league uses about the same formula for playing time in the preseason and plenty of those other teams come out in the regular season firing on all cylinders. And I meant more to the problems our starters displayed not the whole team. Our 1st string O scored what 1 td (a Houdini run by Dwill) I see those same struggles for TDs now.

And lastly I'm not out for blood just to be out for blood. I refuse to accept the crap that we have been forced to endure this season and for most of Fox's career here, inconsistency. But even worse this year it seems this team is literally unraveling at the seams. If your fine with watching the product the Panthers have been fielding recently so be it. But I for one refuse to accept mediocrity.

Do what?????? You gotta be kidding me.

If you read what I said, I noted he was one guy on a new scheme, versus ours......so easy bro. I simply brought up the point that some people can go into a new scheme and pick it up that quickly, while we have a WHOLE team that can't. Sorry you don't understand that part of it.

This isn't about rep, so why bring it up? And needing to grow up, stay level headed? Insults?? Come on man.....I haven't insulted you, nor anyone unless they were on the team. :D

You have taken my post totally wrong. I could take yours wrong in my opinion, but no need to do that.

Also....I didn't start this thread.....I just responded. You may not be talking to me in all of your post, but it sure appears that way at first glance......"dude".

:cheers2:

Archived