• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

thinking about next year

PANTHER PRIDE 52

ight i ain't been on in a few days, i know there are alot of DT threads so don't get too mad at me but think about this for a minute..if we pick up shaun smith in a few weeks, next year we'll be stacked at DT...cuz with getting kemo and leonard back healthy then we'd have shaun smith,kemo,leonard,lewis and hayden going into TC

ight i ain't been on in a few days, i know there are alot of DT threads so don't get too mad at me but think about this for a minute..if we pick up shaun smith in a few weeks, next year we'll be stacked at DT...cuz with getting kemo and leonard back healthy then we'd have shaun smith,kemo,leonard,lewis and hayden going into TC

Eh we would have two starters in kemo and lewis and, I would just call the rest okay rotational players. Not really stacked like the Giants or anything.

Yea i had the same thought. Even without Shaun Smith we would still have some good talent. Hollis probably won't be here next year, and it totally depends on Kemo's rehab if he returns as well. But Leonard looked really promising, Irvin made some decent pressure in preseason and another year on Harris's belt and he'll be making good contributions.

And I think Lewis could be gone after this year as well. Though I would rather keep him than Hayden.

But we do need a DT to step up and put Lewis in the back up role again, he is more effective that way. Irvin and Harris have the raw talent to be starters, can't say the same for Hayden. Leonard is a must keep though he could replace Kemo and save us some money. But of course I would love to get Shaun Smith.

If by some chance that Kemo comes back 100%, 3rd and short and goaline situations will be pretty sick.

Peppers(?), Leonard, Kemo, Shaun Smith, Brayton. Would be badass, but I know I'm dreaming.

First off. Smith is not comming here, his suspension is not served until signed. Could be lifted like Lynchs or even Vick for that matter. If panthers signed Smith today he would not be availible until week 9.

At the very least we would have some experience and rotation. OF course this is all based on if Kemo is still on the team next year. I believe he will be due to money, but it is an unknown. Definetly liked what little bit we saw from Double LL.

yeah..I think with the thomas signing we can put the shaun smith thing to bed..but you have to rem if fox is still here..you can count on some washed up vets being here..because fox puts a lot of stock in vets.even if the younger player is better.lol.but on the other hand if fox is not here.then almost all the DT will be gone because new coaches want there own guys and this class is deep in DT.

First off. Smith is not comming here, his suspension is not served until signed. Could be lifted like Lynchs or even Vick for that matter. If panthers signed Smith today he would not be availible until week 9.

At the very least we would have some experience and rotation. OF course this is all based on if Kemo is still on the team next year. I believe he will be due to money, but it is an unknown. Definetly liked what little bit we saw from Double LL.

true...if we got smith it would b a while until we could use him but if we sign him soon enough i think we could kinda save our season as far as not having a loosing season, cuz we're really only a solid DT and a saftey away from being really competitive

Well that should help him eat up space and make tackles.
If you thought Buckner was good,i bet you like jake delhomme as offensive mvp for the nfl this year
i didn't say he was good. just that he was probably going to be here and had a good personality.

that won't win you games but it makes people a little less miserable.

i'd rather have shaun smith as far as talent goes.

I'd rather have a guy who isn't suspended and was a huge issue before that. Despite the fact that he's obviously a shoe-in for first ballot hall of fame, of course.

Seriously - why do people think Shaun Smith is that great? Hasn't finished a year, attitude, steroids, 100 tackles in six years.

Archived