• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Barclays Premier League- 2017/18 Season Thread

Ja  Rhule

2 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Different team, same result for United. Another 4-0 win.

Carried possession and play for most of the game as Swansea sat back and defended. 

When Swansea finally came out of their shell in the 80th minute, United buried them with 3 goals in 3 minutes.

Teams are going to slowly learn that you can't play for draws against this United team.

Anywho, great start to the season.

Swansea did not sit back and defend...  Their starting formation had only 3 defenders.  United backline had 4.  It was a 50/50 game until 70th or so minute when Swansea manager reduced their backline to 2 players... I mean... wtf was he thinking?

19 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Different team, same result for United. Another 4-0 win.

Carried possession and play for most of the game as Swansea sat back and defended. 

When Swansea finally came out of their shell in the 80th minute, United buried them with 3 goals in 3 minutes.

Teams are going to slowly learn that you can't play for draws against this United team.

Anywho, great start to the season.

I think you do not understand how Mourinho teams work...  he parks the bus and dares other teams to go forward so he can hit them with counterattacks.  Mourinho is a father of parking the bus term.  He employs 4-2-3-1 formation with 4 defenders and 2 defensive midfielders.  Once defense gets the ball back, their job is to move to wingers as fast as possible and not just pass around.  If you look at 8 goals scored by United, at least 6 of them came on counterattacks and 5 of them came in garbage time when manager throws a kitchen sink into attack.  Mourinho system works because he rerally trails BUT if the other team scores first, Mourinho concept becomes a liability.  It's a bend but dont break.

12 minutes ago, ARSEN said:

Swansea did not sit back and defend...  Their starting formation had only 3 defenders.  United backline had 4.  It was a 50/50 game until 70th or so minute when Swansea manager reduced their backline to 2 players... I mean... wtf was he thinking?

They had one shot on goal the entire game.... The formation doesn't matter when you put 9 behind the ball. When Swansea won possession they just tried to send it long to Abraham and they finally figured out that wasn't going to work.

They came out of their shell to try and tie the game and United buried  them. Simple as that.

1 minute ago, MillionDollarCam said:

They had one shot on goal the entire game.... The formation doesn't matter when you put 9 behind the ball. When Swansea won possession they just tried to send it long to Abraham and they finally figured out that wasn't going to work.

They came out of their shell to try and tie the game and United buried  them. Simple as that.

They had just as many chances as United but Swansea do not have talent upfront to create those chances into goals.  Shots on goals mean nothing... last week Arsenal had 20+ shots and Leicester had 3 and final score was 4-3.  Even commentator said the game was pretty even and he's not sure why Swansea manager changed formation and played right into United hands.

10 minutes ago, ARSEN said:

They had just as many chances as United but Swansea do not have talent upfront to create those chances into goals.  Shots on goals mean nothing... last week Arsenal had 20+ shots and Leicester had 3 and final score was 4-3.  Even commentator said the game was pretty even and he's not sure why Swansea manager changed formation and played right into United hands.

So by that logic if every poor team in the EPL had better players they'd be good?

Of course shots on goal matter because without them you can't score.

The line could have easily been 6-1. Outside of Ayew's chance in the first three minutes, they did not substantially threaten United.

Rashford and Jones should have converted their chances and the game should have been out of reach at half. Instead United buried Swansea on the counter when they went for the equalizer.

I get it, giving credit to United is tough for an Arsenal fan.

22 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

So by that logic if every poor team in the EPL had better players they'd be good?

Of course shots on goal matter because without them you can't score.

The line could have easily been 6-1. Outside of Ayew's chance in the first three minutes, they did not substantially threaten United.

Rashford and Jones should have converted their chances and the game should have been out of reach at half. Instead United buried Swansea on the counter when they went for the equalizer.

I get it, giving credit to United is tough for an Arsenal fan.

The game was 50/50 outside that last minute goal in first half... even analysts said that...  it's nothing to do that I'm Arsenal fan... I do not have homer rose colored glasses on.  When you spend £500M in like 3 years on players and play one of the worst teams in EPL, I think you should do better than 50/50 and only 6 shots.  Just saying.  You been crowning your team for months and I just don't see anything special from someone who dumped £500M on new players over the last 3 years.

8 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Arsen, you cant give MU any credit even though they are clearly contenders and are much better than last year.  I was impressed again, not overly but they are scoring goals they didnt last season.  I dont like it either but come on man.

They played 2 garbage teams who will be fighting to avoid relegation...  West Ham will improve after they get their injured players back.  Manchester United next 3 games are against average teams.  If they win 4-0 again, I'll give them credit.

I've never "crowned United". I have said they are contenders this year. 

I've seen how the team has progressed and finally Mou has players that fit his system.

United is defensively sound and the only team that I've seen break them down is Madrid. The midfield is now a strength with Pogba able to play higher up the pitch and Matic winning possession battles. There is speed on the wings with Rashford, Micky, Martial, and Lingard. And we have a pure goal sorcerer up top in Lukaku. The team is designed to succeed under Mou's tactics, so there is no reason they can't be successful.

I mean is every team United plays this year going to be garbage? Cause I'm seeing a recycled excuse. Regardless of the opposition the game still has to be played.

And.... That is why scoring chances are more important than possession.

80% possession by Arsenal but only 2 more shots on goal and they couldn't capitalize.

Stoke got the early goal, parked the bus and repelled the pressure. May have been the beneficiary of a couple questionable calls but such is life.

A couple calls away from 4 points but a couple minutes away from only 1 point.

2 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

And.... That is why scoring chances are more important than possession.

80% possession by Arsenal but only 2 more shots on goal and they couldn't capitalize.

Stoke got the early goal, parked the bus and repelled the pressure. May have been the beneficiary of a couple questionable calls but such is life.

A couple calls away from 4 points but a couple minutes away from only 1 point.

Welbeck is not a starting material.  He doesn't have "it" when it comes to scoring. Ozil is used incorrectly and been used incorrectly for years.  He's a midfielder but Wenger uses him on wings.  Two more years until Wenger is gone!!!

Just now, ARSEN said:

Welbeck is not a starting material.  He doesn't have "it" when it comes to scoring. Ozil is used incorrectly and been used incorrectly for years.  He's a midfielder but Wenger uses him on wings.  Two more years until Wenger is gone!!!

I mean if we're being honest you guys were on the wrong end of a lot of calls. Could have been 3-1 with the penaltys, should have been at least a draw with Lacazette goal. I know you don't like Wenger and no one lies blaming the refs but that was rough to watch.

Archived