• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Curb your enthusiasm Season 9

Hotsauce

As a huge Larry David and Seinfeld fan, I was anxiously anticipating Season 9. However I find this Season borderline unwatchable. The jokes feel regurgitated and not nearly as funny as they once were.  Larry’s character has always been odd and outrageous. However I feel like they are taking him to a new level of extreme with his oddities this season. It feels like they are trying to hard to go out with one Big last who-rah. 

Seinfeld never wanted to extend his show, he ended it early at the shows height of popularity. Yeah he got a lot of criticism for the final episode, but that was one episode. I completely understand why he didn’t want to do a reunion show/season. Season 9 of curb feels like a 10 episode reunion with stale comedy and overplayed scenarios. 

I’m on episode 4, I’m sticking with it, hoping it will wrap up nicely. 

Agree!

I think he took too long off, the jokes feel dated and that style of comedy while revolutionary in its time during Seinfeld & the early seasons of Curb, just feel dated now.

I only watched 3 episodes so far with barley a chuckle and it’s only  at Leon the JB Smoove character.

wOw completely agree !!! ive been waiting for someone to articulate this, and honestly have been lying to my friends (who do like it) about how much i enjoy it to save face. feels like a different show, not the Curb I am used to watching. Pace and jokes are off-pace, stories seem to run against each other rather than converging a la Seinfeld/old Curb. 

honestly laugh more at vice principals than curb now 

Archived