• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

KB's knee is considered a ticking time bomb inside BOA

SIGCHI222

I think people are confusing something here. Whether what "Inside BoA" says is actually true, or what they believe to be true.

I have no doubt those morons believe all sorts of poo but the history is all time terrible so....sure I believe they believe that....but their opinions/judgements are so hilariously bad that the opposite of what they think will happen will happen as an almost certainty.

5 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

A. The Panthers played Cam with an injury that was going to require surgery when we were out of playoff contention.

B. Even if his knee is considered weak or otherwise a liability, he could still pass a physical

C. His knee likely flared up when he was bent backward in the Saints game, after the Bills staff left Carolina

D. "It sucks to suck" - Personal relationships mean nothing in business, or shouldn't. There is a difference between personal/professional and simply personal. The fact of the matter is that if someone is going to offer two draft picks for possibly damaged goods, you give it to them.

E. Teams have dealt away damaged goods before. It is on the doctors of the team receiving the player to evaluate him.

So like I said, your points are not based in fact or a rational understanding of how to conduct business. 

#shark

Ok, let's do some counter to your counter points #shark

A. The Panthers didn't play Luke

B. Even if he knee is considered fine by one doctor, another can still find a fault in it and he can fail the physical. 

C. Knee is fine, Hurndog is just a fool. SIG'S "source" is wrong/misinformed/talking out of his ass/not real/ or any other thing you can think of. 

D. Personal relationships do matter in a business environment. People don't want to work with fugtards and when they have the choice, they prefer to work with somebody they get a long with. 

E. If teams are playing with Confederate money they should be penalized.  

1 minute ago, Popsickle said:

Ok, let's do some counter to your counter points #shark

A. The Panthers didn't play Luke

B. Even if he knee is considered fine by one doctor, another can still find a fault in it and he can fail the physical. 

C. Knee is fine, Hurndog is just a fool. SIG'S "source" is wrong/misinformed/talking out of his ass/not real/ or any other thing you can think of. 

D. Personal relationships do matter in a business environment. People don't want to work with fugtards and when they have the choice, they prefer to work with somebody they get a long with. 

E. If teams are playing with Confederate money they should be penalized.  

A. The Panthers couldn't play Luke because he was in the concussion protocol. 

B. This may be why the Bills doctor doesn't see a problem

C. SIG's source was right the last time. Again, your feeling on the situation as it stands now, doesn't affect the information received.

D. The Panthers do not work with the Bills. We work against the Bills. Clearly you do not understand the personal versus the personal-professional relationship dynamic

E. You can trade away players regardless of their injury history. Teams do this all the time. 

2 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

Again, the argument is philosophical in nature: The information presented is not impacted by your feeling about that information. The information is absolute and stands on its own. 

But in this situation, the information is not absolute and it doesn't stand on its own. 

The information is from an unknown source with the organization. Nobody is coming out standing by this information. 

2 minutes ago, Popsickle said:

But in this situation, the information is not absolute and it doesn't stand on its own. 

The information is from an unknown source with the organization. Nobody is coming out standing by this information. 

the 'information' is an opinion....an opinion from the Panthers FO.

5 minutes ago, Popsickle said:

I'm not talking about the nature of the information. The absolutism is not in reference to it's truth. I'm only suggesting that the information is what it is presented to be. Whether or not you agree with it does not matter or affect if it is true. 

Personal feelings....cloud the mind. 

4 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

the 'information' is an opinion....an opinion from the Panthers FO.

The information is about an opinion but it is not an opinion itself. Not that it matters in the manner i'm discussing. I'm only saying that the information is what it is presented to be. Whether or not you agree doesn't impact if it is the truth or not. 

4 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

I'm not talking about the nature of the information. The absolutism is not in reference to it's truth. I'm only suggesting that the information is what it is presented to be. Whether or not you agree with it does not matter or affect if it is true. 

Personal feelings....cloud the mind. 

I'm stop this now because we are about to get into Plato and the allegory of the cave because this is where it is headed. 

4 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

This isn't true. 

Brandon Beane would not have traded for a ticking time bomb, that he would have obviously been aware of. 

He would if he believed that bomb wasn't  going to detonate for two years.  He'd also do it if he felt giving up a 3rd for a big possession receiver that could help them in their playoff push is worth it.  Remember, the Bills have not been this close to giving their fans a real reason to hope for a long time.  So, Beane and McDermott may have felt it was worth the price in order to get their tenures going on the right foot...particularly if they truly felt that receiver was the kryptonite that could derail their season.

4 hours ago, Growl said:

Even if this were true then the smart play would have been to keep him and ship him out for a 3rd on draft day.

This was Hurney wanting to get in on the wheeling and dealing.

But on draft day you wouldn't find a team unused to winning that is finding itself unexpectedly in a playoff chase, and a bit anxious (or desperate) to fix one of their top concerns for that push.  It's a short-term approach, but one that a team that hasn't had any real success recently would be willing to do.  And even if Beane knows that he'll probably only get a year or two out of KB, it's easy to see how he would believe it's worth a 3rd to get the team started in the right direction.  

Assuming the worry about the knee is legitimate, on draft day, KB's value would likely be significantly lower than a 3rd.  Nobody's trading anything of real value for damaged goods at a time they feel they can still find longer-term solution using that pick themselves.  This was a deal that had to be made at a time the other team was desperate to fix a problem, but when there were no realistic options available to them to do so.

Archived