• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rivera

iamhubby1

1 minute ago, jfra78 said:

Why do you not include his first 2 years, I don't understand how they are not relative.  Anyway, I know that there are a lot worse options out there as head coach.  We have had a few bad ones over the year, and Rivera might be our best coach in Carolina.  TBH, I would be okay with RR If he ever got rid of Shula.  But, we all know he wont.

In my original post, I mentioned that. I said, after his first two years. Rivera has only missed the playoffs once.

Is this another example of someone reading the title, then responding before reading the thread?

Shula is lauded league wide for his Offense. How creative it is. The moving parts, the misdirection. Only in Carolinas does he get shcmitted on. In Panther land? It is Cam that bails him out. Who is right?

15 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

Quantify it however you wish. The fact remains. We have made the playoffs 3 out of the last 4 years. And are looking strong to make it again this year.

If the goal is to make the playoffs, which we seem to be doing quite regularly lately. What more can Rivera do?

And it was 7-8-1. If you are going to throw shade at Rivera. Maybe you could, you know, get your facts correct.

His decision making and ultimate results are out there for all to see and if he still gets this much sh*t after winning seasons....so maybe you're barking up the wrong tree.

We have a sometimes above-average coach who's respected by players.  He's someone that's hard to replace but difficult to accept.  

It's an annoying situation good or bad.  It almost seems like you're pleading for people to accept him which shouldn't need to happen with a 6-3 club.  

4 minutes ago, davos said:

His decision making and ultimate results are out there for all to see and if he still gets this much sh*t after winning seasons....so maybe you're barking up the wrong tree.

We have a sometimes above-average coach who's respected by players.  He's someone that's hard to replace but difficult to accept.  

It's an annoying situation good or bad.  It almost seems like you're pleading for people to accept him which shouldn't need to happen with a 6-3 club.  

His decision making can be called into question. HIs results? Not so much. Him getting shmitt is still a question I'd like answered. Why? Because he doesn't win the right way?

You can't supply me with anything more that he is an "Above-average coach". Doesn't that support me?

Difficult to accept? By whom? You and your ilk? You do realize there are plenty of us who actually do accept him.

So, because I am sticking up for my coach, and offering solid facts to back my stance. I am "Pleading with people to accept him"? Ok, seems like a stretch to me. But hey, I ain't always right.

I agree. It shouldn't happen to a 6-3 club. Especially since that club has been to the playoffs 3 out of the last 4 years.

Just now, iamhubby1 said:

His decision making can be called into question. HIs results? Not so much. Him getting shmitt is still a question I'd like answered. Why? Because he doesn't win the right way?

You can't supply me with anything more that he is an "Above-average coach". Doesn't that support me?

Difficult to accept? By whom? You and your ilk? You do realize there are plenty of us who actually do accept him.

So, because I am sticking up for my coach, and offering solid facts to back my stance. I am "Pleading with people to accept him"? Ok, seems like a stretch to me. But hey, I ain't always right.

I agree. It shouldn't happen to a 6-3 club. Especially since that club has been to the playoffs 3 out of the last 4 years.

Me and my ilk lol

Let's step back and just ask the question again, why is this happening to a coach of a 6-3 club?  

Just now, iamhubby1 said:

You want the correct answer? Or do you want the Huddle answer? Because if you cannot tell the difference?

I'm asking you...but you're deeming there to be a spectrum of correct on one side and huddle on the other.  

The huddle bashing is more annoying than the annoying bashers on the huddle.  Post about football, not about the posts that are about football.  

6 minutes ago, davos said:

I'm asking you...but you're deeming there to be a spectrum of correct on one side and huddle on the other.  

The huddle bashing is more annoying than the annoying bashers on the huddle.  Post about football, not about the posts that are about football.  

So...are you asking me a question? Or making a statement? Because you just confused the Schmitt out of me.

I have no idea why folks are wanting to get rid of Rivera. Well, I have heard the complaints, of which, many may be valid. However, looking at the big picture? I don't see the advantage of getting rid of him.

Hurndog may scare the begebus out of me. But Rivera has earned my support.

2 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

In my original post, I mentioned that. I said, after his first two years. Rivera has only missed the playoffs once.

Is this another example of someone reading the title, then responding before reading the thread?

Shula is lauded league wide for his Offense. How creative it is. The moving parts, the misdirection. Only in Carolinas does he get shcmitted on. In Panther land? It is Cam that bails him out. Who is right?

I have no issue with Shula's creativity, none whatsoever.   He doesn't use it.  We run a very successful and creative play and never see it again.  For instance, last week we ran 3 plays that were highly creative and successful, all on one drive and didn't see another one after that.

We have the talent on this team to spread a defense out and make them defend the whole field.  It took our GM to trade KB away to force Shula to play these players.   AND STILL NEVER WENT DEEP.   We line up in the I formation and play 1950's football over and over again.  

We may make the playoffs but you can thank Wilks not Shula for getting us there.  

We arguably have the most dangerous QB in the league yet we are 24th in the NFL Offensively in points scored.

Of our 9 games we have played we have scored more points than the teams average only 3 times (See Below average points allowed APA vs Carolina Points Scored CPS)  Of those three games we are 2-1

Team  APA   CPS                         

SF   26.6   23

Buf 21.8   9

NO  19.4   13

NE  22.4  33

DET 23.2   27

Phil 19.9   23

Chic 21.4   3

TB   24.8    17

Atl   21.5    20

If we make the playoffs we will have to be much better than scoring below their average.

1 minute ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

I have no issue with Shula's creativity, none whatsoever.   He doesn't use it.  We run a very successful and creative play and never see it again.  For instance, last week we ran 3 plays that were highly creative and successful, all on one drive and didn't see another one after that.

We have the talent on this team to spread a defense out and make them defend the whole field.  It took our GM to trade KB away to force Shula to play these players.   AND STILL NEVER WENT DEEP.   We line up in the I formation and play 1950's football over and over again.  

We may make the playoffs but you can thank Wilks not Shula for getting us there.  

We arguably have the most dangerous QB in the league yet we are 24th in the NFL Offensively in points scored.

Of our 9 games we have played we have scored more points than the teams average only 3 times (See Below average points allowed APA vs Carolina Points Scored CPS)  Of those three games we are 2-1

Team  APA   CPS                         

SF   26.6   23

Buf 21.8   9

NO  19.4   13

NE  22.4  33

DET 23.2   27

Phil 19.9   23

Chic 21.4   3

TB   24.8    17

Atl   21.5    20

If we make the playoffs we will have to be much better than scoring below their average.

I agree our Offense must improve. Nah, must improve in the Red Zone. Normally we move the ball well between the 20s. But like a lot of teams. When we hit the Red Zone, we tend to have a hard time. In 15, we were near the top in Red Zone Efficiency. If we get back to that, or close, our Offense will look much better.

Sure we are not perfect. But we have a really good team. We play a very disciplined, physical game. Most teams cannot compete with that. We will need our Red Zone Offense to pick it up, if we want to compete against the better teams. That I can agree with.

Archived