• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Devin Hester calling is quits

Hotsauce

2 hours ago, Moorgan said:

Flag. Block in the back.

This is my biggest problem with special teams play. Even when I’m not watching the Panthers. The league needs to find a way to minimize penalties on those plays. There’s no bigger cock block than to watch Clay or CMC or really any returner notch a 40+ yard return only to have it called back to the 15 cus someone grabbed a tiny bit of jersey as a dude was falling to the ground.

2 hours ago, dldove77 said:

If it was the most exciting play in football, why did people constantly choose to miss it so they could go to the bathroom or grab more nachos?

(Hint: It wasn't the most exciting play in football.)

uh...yea it was the most exciting play. The beginning of the Colts-Bears superbowl? Our playoff game against the cardinals when Steve Smith demanded to return the ball and returned it for a touchdown to give us hope (only to have Delhomme continue to suck it off, he had 4 interceptions that game right?) All of those returns by dante hall and devin hester? The hell it wasn't the most exciting play, you knew even if you were down all it took was a kickoff return and you had some hope

30 minutes ago, RealisticPanther said:

uh...yea it was the most exciting play. The beginning of the Colts-Bears superbowl? Our playoff game against the cardinals when Steve Smith demanded to return the ball and returned it for a touchdown to give us hope (only to have Delhomme continue to suck it off, he had 4 interceptions that game right?) All of those returns by dante hall and devin hester? The hell it wasn't the most exciting play, you knew even if you were down all it took was a kickoff return and you had some hope

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz. 

6 hours ago, usmcpanthers said:

I don't have exact percentages but almost every kickoff ends up being a touchback now days....it really makes it hard to justify one player on a roster whose specialty is just kickoff returns.... that was Devin Hester.

Well he returned punts too

but most aren’t touchbacks because they go out of the endzone.   If you have Hester in his prime you probably just would green light him to take all those that barely reach the endzone.  Almost everyone downs those for the gimmie yards.  

He was a great player to watch for a stretch there. My biggest concern with the current kickoff rules is the Panthers always find a way to get pinned inside the 20.... Teams are lofting kicks to land at the one yard line and most end up with a ho hum tackle around the 17 yard line. Its harder to take one to the house now and far less exciting.

Archived