• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rod Chudzinski

4 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Is it clear though? Unless you can see the future.... The only thing you are demonstrating is your negative outlook. Which is you, and nothing wrong with that. Just don't use that as a staple in the point that you are failing to prove.

Two seasons before and two seasons after. 

We didn’t just regress to the mean; we blew a hole in it and flew threw it like a space raccoon going to kill Kurt Russell’s planet. 

There is a lot of data that’s points to 2015 being a massive outlier. 

4 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

Two seasons before and two seasons after. 

We didn’t just regress to the mean; we blew a hole in it and flew threw it like a space raccoon going to kill Kurt Russell said planet. 

There is a lot of data that’s points to 2015 being a massive outlier. P

Please provide data points. I want to be able to say "@electro's horse makes a good point"

Make sure they are valid data points and not perspective or speculation.

13 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

it's like me saying exclude 2010 and Marty Hurney was the best at drafting top quarterbacks. You can't remove a a counter to your argument to make your argument valid @electro's horse

Even you know that's dumb.

Yeah you can. It’s called an exception which proves a rule. People throw out outliers all the time. 

And poo, if the fourth quarter was five minutes longer in that playoff game against Seattle the panthers lose it too. 

Just now, TheCasillas said:

Please provide data points. I want to be able to say "@electro's horse makes a good point"

Make sure they are valid data points and not perspective or speculation.

I’m not going to write you a research paper fug off. 

Panthers are about to get dominated in the playoffs again. 4/5 years the panthers offense has been unwatchable bad. 

I’m not going to whip you up a line of best fit if you’re this intentionally obtuse. 

4 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

Yeah you can. It’s called an exception which proves a rule. People throw out outliers all the time. 

And poo, if the fourth quarter was five minutes longer in that playoff game against Seattle the panthers lose it too. 

Smh. That does not apply here. The only way that could work is if the team didn't make the playoffs except for 2015 or the team went 1-15 except for 2015.  

Here is some help for clarification

And again you are adding elements to make your argument sound valid. 

2 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

So true.  Guess what.  JR isn't calling the shots anymore.  Maybe, just maybe Hurney gets the balls and fires Shula when we do have a poor performance.

lol

hurney is a meat puppet GM. he never had the balls to make the tough decisions before, don’t know why he would grow them now just because big daddy jerry is gone.

5 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

I’m not going to write you a research paper fug off. 

Panthers are about to get dominated in the playoffs again. 4/5 years the panthers offense has been unwatchable bad. 

I’m not going to whip you up a line of best fit if you’re this intentionally obtuse. 

I don't need a research paper, and if you can't whip up some simple data points to support your belief then it tells me that you aren't prepared to support your comments.

7 minutes ago, frash.exe said:

lol

hurney is a meat puppet GM. he never had the balls to make the tough decisions before, don’t know why he would grow them now just because big daddy jerry is gone.

That’s not true at all. 

No gm was more willing to trade around in the draft than hurney. 

He also power moved the poo out of John fox.

He had a habit of doubling down on his own players, and there are plenty of stones to throw at him. 

But saying “he doesn’t have balls” demonstrates you don’t know what you’re talking about. 

10 minutes ago, frash.exe said:

nobody’s gone 15-1 since the panthers in 2015

it’s an outlier

the panthers offense is terrible lol

If use math to determine the median over the last 5 seasons, the median is 11.

With 6-10 being are worst record and 15-1 being our best.... technically 6-10 is the true "outlier."

but that doesn't matter since you are speaking with your own opinion.

6 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

That’s not true at all. 

No gm was more willing to trade around in the draft than hurney. 

He also power moved the poo out of John fox.

He had a habit of doubling down on his own players, and there are plenty of stones to throw at him. 

But saying “he doesn’t have balls” demonstrates you don’t know what you’re talking about. 

i’m speaking on a more abstract level than “how many times did he trade up in the draft” or “giving charles godfrey a 27 million dollar contract extension even though he is definitely not valuable enough for that”

we’re suggesting firing a coordinator after a winning season and a playoff berth here. other teams have done this before, and i would love to see shula replaced, but trading up for jeff otah doesn’t sway me into believing that this is something hurney has the courage to do, especially at a time where ownership is in flux. do you think hurney favors change over continuity or vice versa?

if he power moved john fox, nobody’s really spoken about it here. i can’t recall anything other than something you posted a long time back about how they had disagreements on player personnel, and you specifically said something about peppers being left on the line with no help. but i didn’t get the impression that hurney was conspiring against fox.

18 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

If use math to determine the median over the last 5 seasons, the median is 11.

With 6-10 being are worst record and 15-1 being our best.... technically 6-10 is the true "outlier."

but that doesn't matter since you are speaking with your own opinion.

this suggests we’re more likely to go 15-1 than 6-10

in general, teams have a higher probability of going 6-10 than 15-1. there are multiple variables to this, it has a lot to do with that there are simply more scenarios where a team can finish 6-10 than ones where they can finish 15-1. 

if you want someone to show you a formula for this, go on r/theydidthemath and ask them.

18 minutes ago, frash.exe said:

i’m speaking on a more abstract level than “how many times did he trade up in the draft” or “giving charles godfrey a 27 million dollar contract extension even though he is definitely not valuable enough for that”

we’re suggesting firing a coordinator after a winning season and a playoff berth here. other teams have done this before, and i would love to see shula replaced, but trading up for jeff otah doesn’t sway me into believing that this is something hurney has the courage to do, especially at a time where ownership is in flux. do you think hurney favors change over continuity or vice versa?

if he power moved john fox, nobody’s really spoken about it here. i can’t recall anything other than something you posted a long time back about how they had disagreements on player personnel, and you specifically said something about peppers being left on the line with no help. but i didn’t get the impression that hurney was conspiring against fox.

Coaching was exclusively fox’s domain. That was part of the deal. It was also one of the reasons he was forced out. At the time of his letting go, Fox had the highest paid coaching staff in the league. 

I’ve talked at length about fox getting forced out by hurney. 

Archived