• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hornets have made Kemba Available for Trade

AppHeel

Just now, JakeDel5674 said:

Finally! God, we've been needing to do this. Let's get a high First Rounder, and get us some Trae Young or one of the Bridges. 

I'm 100% out on Miles Bridges. Could get behind Trae Young or obviously Marvin Bagley

The Hornets had already made available Nicolas Batum (four years, $100 million), Dwight Howard (two years, $47 million), Marvin Williams (three years, $42 million) and Michael Kidd-Gilchrist (three years, $39 million), league sources said, but those players and their contracts are largely unattractive in the marketplace.

LOL, nobody wants MKG. Surprised on Marvin though. He's played admirably this year. 

22 minutes ago, JakeDel5674 said:

The Hornets had already made available Nicolas Batum (four years, $100 million), Dwight Howard (two years, $47 million), Marvin Williams (three years, $42 million) and Michael Kidd-Gilchrist (three years, $39 million), league sources said, but those players and their contracts are largely unattractive in the marketplace.

LOL, nobody wants MKG. Surprised on Marvin though. He's played admirably this year. 

I think the ONLY reason you'd trade Kemba is if you can get rid of one of those contracts (Batum ideally). If you are going to trade away our best player, then it needs to be because we are clearing out cap space along with it. 

Just now, AppHeel said:

I think the ONLY reason you'd trade Kemba is if you can get rid of one of those contracts (Batum ideally). If you are going to trade away our best player, then it needs to be because we are clearing out cap space along with it. 

Yeah, I get it. Just hurts seeing that man. Batum for sure needs to GTFO. It really sucks because we won't get anything back worth a damn for them. 

Just now, JakeDel5674 said:

Yeah, I get it. Just hurts seeing that man. Batum for sure needs to GTFO. It really sucks because we won't get anything back worth a damn for them. 

I guess though you can take solace that if we trade Kemba we will absolutely suck and have a higher pick anyway even if we don't get a high pick in return

Just now, AppHeel said:

I guess though you can take solace that if we trade Kemba we will absolutely suck and have a higher pick anyway even if we don't get a high pick in return

I guess that's true. We still wont' be complete trash though, we need to be complete trash to get a higher pick. Dwight gonna average like 20 and 15 if Kemba leaves. Plus, watch Monk go off now. LOL. 

He's the best player we ever had, this is kind of crazy.       I get it but on the other hand, man, it will hurt, and nothing we get (or give) will probably make it worth it.    The NBA isn't like the other big sports, we most likely will NEVER compete at the top level, and that's how it goes, so why not at least keep our superstar?   

1 minute ago, Zaximus said:

He's the best player we ever had, this is kind of crazy.       I get it but on the other hand, man, it will hurt, and nothing we get (or give) will probably make it worth it.    The NBA isn't like the other big sports, we most likely will NEVER compete at the top level, and that's how it goes, so why not at least keep our superstar?   

Meh, I disagree. We just have to get a GM that knows how to Draft well. No one thought a team like OKC could contend at the top. Or Cleveland for instance. It can happen, but the NBA is a different beast. We have to hit on our Draft picks, and not pick complete and utter poo when we do Draft. 

Archived