• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

jake...2.0

scpanther22

If The Golden Calf of Bristol ran like he does in college in the NFL he would, be hurt very often

I hate it when people act like The Golden Calf of Bristol is gonna tear his ACL walking up to the podium, am I the only one who thinks he'll be fine like the majority of football players who get hit constantly(all of them):rant:

I hate it when people act like The Golden Calf of Bristol is gonna tear his ACL walking up to the podium, am I the only one who thinks he'll be fine like the majority of football players who get hit constantly(all of them):rant:

How many good "scrambling/running style QBs" make it through a few seasons and still be good?

Give me a list.

Yea god forbid there is another Philip Rivers... who has one of the top passer ratings in the league at the moment

Or Russel Wilson, States current QB, who won an assload of ACC awards

haha, I am not talking skill wise at all (granted probably stupid to bring up in this forum) but all I'm saying is I do not like Florida, and the only team I hate more than Florida is NC State.... and Yes, I would not be happy if phillip rivers was our qb right now (although he is good, I personally would not want him)

Mobility, smartly used, is a great asset against NFL defenses.

As we can see, with how Garcia has handled us in the past. Panthers have an awful lot of trouble, it seems with mobile QBS.

I'm a Jake fan, right or wrong, he's a tough guy and I love him;but, it sure would be nice to have a strong armed, smart, mobile QB on the team. in the future. Granted running game helps; but, watch, you will see a change in the NFC South with the presence of Matt Ryan. Smart, nifty in the pocket, decent arm strength. We passed on Brady Quinn when he was sitting there....we passed on Drew Brees...and others...the one we rightly passed on, Bryon Leftwich. I like Matt Moore, but, just don't know he's the next, better version of Jake.

• 2 weeks later...

How many good "scrambling/running style QBs" make it through a few seasons and still be good?

Give me a list.[/quote

randal cunningham

Michael vick

donovan mcnabb

doug flutie

fran tarkeneton

but those are irrelevant The Golden Calf of Bristol is a completley unique athlete he is hardly a "scrambler" more like a bruiser who can throw...Im just sayin he's built like a runningback not a gazelle

Archived