• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Marty Hurney Has Been Reinstated

bobsfoodbasics

newton_david.png&w=160&h=160&scale=crop

David Newton ESPN Staff Writer 

NFL spokesperson Brian McCarthy said the league reviewed all available law enforcement and court records, sworn testimony in prior proceedings in addition to interviewing Hurney and members of the Panthers. “We also requested an interview with Mr. Hurney's former wife, which was declined through her attorney,'' McCarthy said. “Our investigation identified no evidence to support an allegation of domestic violence or similar conduct that would constitute a violation of the Personal Conduct Policy.''

14 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Yeah... Seriously doubt that's gonna happen. My bigger worry is if they find the team guilty of wrongdoing for hiding his non-disclosure agreements, we could lose draft picks.

But as far as what happens to Jerry Richardson from here on out, as long as he's no longer part of the team, I don't give a rat's ass.

I would like to think JR and his BS goes with him, and the league wouldn’t saddle the team or a new owner with penalties like that. 

The only way that retarded fuging story of Hurney trying to trade up for Clausen makes since is if the Rams would have selected Clausen. There's no fuging way they wouldn't have took that trade. Between the fuging Rams and Carolina was something like another 15 picks. If Hurney wanted Clausen so bad, why didn't he call every fuging team in the next 15 picks to find someone to trade up with? Oh that's right, because it didn't happen. It's absolutely ridiculous to claim.

You would have to be a complete MORON to believe that story. Which honestly would explain some of the most insistent posters here.

Just now, PurityControl said:

I would like to think JR and his BS goes with him, and the league wouldn’t saddle the team or a new owner with penalties like that.

Hope not, but sadly it's a legit possibility.

Alternate punishment could be someone from our legal team gets fired.

21 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:
newton_david.png&w=160&h=160&scale=crop

David Newton ESPN Staff Writer 

The NFL informed the Panthers on Friday that there was no evidence that interim general manager Marty Hurney harassed his ex-wife as she claimed in court before withdrawing the complaint.

give my boi DNewton credit, he was on his game today.

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Hope not, but sadly it's a legit possibility.

Alternate punishment could be someone from our legal team gets fired.

By the time the JR BS is settled a new owner should be firmly in place, I can’t see the league going you know what the old owner f*cked up years ago so we are taking your draft picks.

And as a potential new owner about to throw in some B’$ I would want some reassurance that’s not going to happen, before I write my check, I’m not responsible for the old regimes BS

Wouldn’t a similar scenario be when Eddie D with riverboat scam turned the team over to his sister, did the league go after them? (I don’t know)  

Culprit is gone = New owner clean slate is what I say

But you never know.

Just now, PurityControl said:

By the time the JR BS is settled a new owner should be firmly in place, I can’t see the league going you know what the old owner f*cked up years ago so we are taking your draft picks.

And as a potential new owner about to throw in some B’$ I would want some reassurance that’s not going to happen, before I write my check, I’m not responsible for the old regimes BS

Wouldn’t a similar scenario be when Eddie D with riverboat scam turned the team over to his sister, did the league go after them? (I don’t know)  

Culprit is gone = New owner clean slate is what I say

But you never know.

That's the thing.  One of the culprits would be gone.

The non-disclosure agreements weren't drafted by Jerry Richardson.  They were written by someone on the Panthers legal team.  Someone who, in all likelihood, is still employed.

Failure to report those agreements is a violation of the personal conduct policy.  And since the NFL doesn't suspend team lawyers, the likely punishment would be loss of draft picks.

I hope that doesn't happen, but sadly it's a real possibility.

Just now, Growl said:

I'm not sure why this has to continue to be stated, but Hurney never offered a future first for Clausen.

Literally minutes after the pick happened he stated that he was approached to do so but didn't go for it.

Two different people with inside sources confirm that he did. One of those sources was Brandon Beane.

Scouts apparently had to talk him out of it, but Hurney was prepared to make the deal.

Archived