• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Are you ready?

love2hateroy

For the Lakers to repeat as World Champions?

Here are some things I see happening of the Lake Show this season: Ring #5 for Kobe (1 more than Shaq, 1 closer to MJ). It just dawned on me that Mamba will probably be better this year than he was last just because he actually got to rest this summer. Sure, everyone that played in the Olympics will be more rested, but it matters more for the older players. Bynum will solidify himself as a top 2 or 3 center in the league. Pau Gasol will be either first team all nba, instead of third like last year. Ammo and Shannon Brown will get consistent minutes, proving how (not) smart the Bobcats are once again. Phil will be even more relaxed knowing that this will be arguably the best team he's ever coached.

Let's see, I feel like I'm forgetting something. Oh yeah, Ron Artest!!!! For the Laker haters, it's going to be another looooooonnnggg year for you folks. Enjoy!

:D

Duke fan, LA Lakers fan, let me guess. Gator football fan, New England Patriots fan, and Boston Red Sox fan?

Wrong.

I'm a Duke Football and Carolina Panthers fan.

I tried to support the Bobcats, but after watching them make countless ridiculous and idiotic draft picks and trades to sell tickets to Tarheel fans instead of building a team that could actually compete, I gave up. They are much more enjoyable to make fun of than root for anyway, you guys should give it a try.

For the Lakers to repeat as World Champions?

Here are some things I see happening of the Lake Show this season: Ring #5 for Kobe (1 more than Shaq, 1 closer to MJ). It just dawned on me that Mamba will probably be better this year than he was last just because he actually got to rest this summer. Sure, everyone that played in the Olympics will be more rested, but it matters more for the older players. Bynum will solidify himself as a top 2 or 3 center in the league. Pau Gasol will be either first team all nba, instead of third like last year. Ammo and Shannon Brown will get consistent minutes, proving how (not) smart the Bobcats are once again. Phil will be even more relaxed knowing that this will be arguably the best team he's ever coached.

Let's see, I feel like I'm forgetting something. Oh yeah, Ron Artest!!!! For the Laker haters, it's going to be another looooooonnnggg year for you folks. Enjoy!

:D

Don't forget Lamar, he is without a doubt one of the best players coming off the Bench in the league!! I agree though the Mamba will be deadly the entire season after resting all summer, and its now or never for big number 17, hopefully he can stay healthy all season.

The lakers may or may not win it this year, and if Kobe gets 1 ring closer to MJ, what would that prove? He is not in Jordan's league and never would be, not with 7 rings. BTW, he will always have to thank Shaq for his first 3.

The lakers may or may not win it this year, and if Kobe gets 1 ring closer to MJ, what would that prove? He is not in Jordan's league and never would be, not with 7 rings. BTW, he will always have to thank Shaq for his first 3.

And former Tar Heel Rick Fox!!!! Take that dookie!

Yeah, its pretty clear Kobe could win 10 rings and no one is gonna think he's in Jordan's league. I dont foresee young children 20 years from now still buying Kobe's shoes or foreign players talk about how Kobe made them want to pick up a basketball the way foreigners speak of MJ. Kobe is the best MJ imitator to play the game, but thats all he be remembered as, an imitator.

Meanwhile, LeBron James is the preseason favorite to repeat as MVP, and I see it likely that once again LeBron will post better numbers than Kobe for the 3rd-4th year in a row. The Lake Show will have to keep Artest in check and not get too overconfident like their fans are doing if they have any chance of repeating.

Yeah, its pretty clear Kobe could win 10 rings and no one is gonna think he's in Jordan's league. I dont foresee young children 20 years from now still buying Kobe's shoes or foreign players talk about how Kobe made them want to pick up a basketball the way foreigners speak of MJ. Kobe is the best MJ imitator to play the game, but thats all he be remembered as, an imitator.

Meanwhile, LeBron James is the preseason favorite to repeat as MVP, and I see it likely that once again LeBron will post better numbers than Kobe for the 3rd-4th year in a row. The Lake Show will have to keep Artest in check and not get too overconfident like their fans are doing if they have any chance of repeating.

I really don't get the Artest comment. He had one bad incident, yes he can say some off the wall stuff, but other then that he is a really good guy on and off the court .I think you're reaching for something because you love Lebron so much and you can feel his title shot slipping away again. Wow a MVP title...Congrats dude. Where's your title ring? BTW I'm pulling for Lebron so there isn't any bias here, but it's hard not to believe the Lakers won't repeat.

Lebron will definitely post better numbers than Kobe, but that's because he has to. The Lakers are so much better than the Cavs and quite simply don't need Kobe to max out his potential every single game. For the Cavs to have a chance, Lebron must do that. Kobe can coast through the game, and then kill people in the 4th quarter.

Kobe is a MJ imitator? Haha. Whatever that means. He is the best player of his generation, and will always be remembered for that, whether he is selling shoes in 20 years and some German kid is talking about him or not.

Last, are Laker fans really being over confident if everything we say is very realistic? Show me something I've said that isn't true, and I will apologize for being cocky.

Lebron will definitely post better numbers than Kobe, but that's because he has to. The Lakers are so much better than the Cavs and quite simply don't need Kobe to max out his potential every single game. For the Cavs to have a chance, Lebron must do that. Kobe can coast through the game, and then kill people in the 4th quarter.

I agree Kobe has a better supporting cast, but I disagree that a 31 year old Kobe can do the things a 24 year old LeBron can. He's never posted the rebounding & assists #'s that Bron has consistently since he came in the league. Truth is, Bron's #'s and career averages are all better than Kobe's and he will surpass him in every statistical category when he's done.

Kobe is a MJ imitator? Haha. Whatever that means. He is the best player of his generation, and will always be remembered for that, whether he is selling shoes in 20 years and some German kid is talking about him or not.

How can you be the best player of this generation and you got 2 guys who have just as many rings as you (with 3 of yours coming from playing sidekick to 1 of em), more MVPs than you, and more Finals MVPs than you. Tim Duncan & Shaq are the 2 most dominant and best players of the 2000's era, ask any knowledgeable basketball fan and they will tell you that. Kobe IS an imitator, he filled a void for the league when MJ retired in 98 and ever since they've been marketing him as a watered down MJ. Everything about his game, persona, the way he does interviews, sticking his tongue out, etc is him mimicking the GOAT. He's a Hall of Fame 2 guard and 1 of the game's best, but he has several peers, Jordan had none.

Last, are Laker fans really being over confident if everything we say is very realistic? Show me something I've said that isn't true, and I will apologize for being cocky.

I dont think its a shoe in that LA repeats. We'll just agree to disagree.

Archived