• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Did the 2015 Carolina Panthers throw, piss away, sell out Super Bowl 50?

Jangler

2 hours ago, Panther8989 said:

I honestly believe annihilating Arizona was the worst possible result for that team. I mean players were talking about how " great" the season was two days after that game. I think they got a little caught up in their own cinderella story. I know it sounds weird to say. 

To make a long story short, that whole season was a magic carpet ride. But I never felt as though I was watching an unbeatable juggernaut. The clock struck midnight. The fairy tale ended. Denver was better.

it was a set up, and Cam is still paying for it. I really believe the Panthers can and will win a superbowl with Cam, but no matter how it happens it will always be tainted in the eyes of NFL fans. 

7 hours ago, Jangler said:

it was a set up, and Cam is still paying for it. I really believe the Panthers can and will win a superbowl with Cam, but no matter how it happens it will always be tainted in the eyes of NFL fans. 

If he never wins a SB, that play will define his career. If the roles were reversed, does anyone think Manning doesn't dive for the ball? 

I just think that 2015 Panthers team is one of the flukiest seasons in recent memory. I kept wondering how they continued winning. But, the signs were definitely there after the Atlanta loss.

I still have no idea why so many pundits expected the Panthers to roll Denver. After all, what happened two years previous when the " machine like" Broncos offense, which couldn't be stopped, met Seattle? That should've been a cautionary tale.

I'm rambling on now. But, the Newton brain fart, inept coaching preparation, and a better team were the reasons for losing.

7 minutes ago, TheRed said:

:eyeroll:

Get your mind out the gutter ( if that's where you're headed) lol....

If Denver was trailing, with a chance to still win the SB, does anyone here honestly think Manning doesn't dive for that ball? Think Tom Brady gives up on It? 

Let me clarify: The Panthers, in all "probability", still lose if Cam recovers the ball. After all, I never felt confident they were going to win. But, by not diving....well....the game was effectively over right than and there. 

i watched a top 10 teams that didn't win the super bowl, the list was made before 2015, but going off of that list and update it, the 2015 Panthers would def. be #2 behind the 2007 Pats...

Carolina was fugin' curb stomping the league and lost the Super Bowl...after the NFC Championship game i honestly felt like Carolina was the best team in the NFL then, and maybe at that particular moment they were but goddamnit on that Super Bowl...

On 3/31/2018 at 8:44 AM, MHS831 said:

Think about it--Rivera has never been great after a bye week.  The super bowl follows a bye week. 

It's because he gets out coached. There is 0 difference between Rivera with 0 time to prepare and 1-2 extra weeks to prepare.

Meanwhile other good/smart coaches actually find weaknesses and exploit the other team rather than doing the same poo over and over again and having the team you played against sympathize in a way by saying poo like "yea they just lined up and did the same exact poo they always do and we knew it".

Rivera still isn't a top tier coach depending on how this Norv as OC tenure goes he could end up being known as the coach who squandered two first ballot HoFers from their year 1 on.

1.Denver was very very very very very lucky. norman should have had two int. kk could have had a int. when the safety intercepted cam on pass to ginn he fumbled. Carolina almost had the ball back close to goaline .they couldn't recover (very weird) but i'll chalk it up as luck.

2.cam thought remmers had a better shot of getting the ball instead of jumping in and making it worse.(my opinion) also some say von miller swatted ball toward endzone which is penalty.

3. cam should have checked down to wide open Tolbert on the strip sack td.

4.ron/shula was horrible for not changing gameplan to quicker strikes. also continued to leave remmers on island with von. stupid.

5.the mishap on special teams allowing huge runback.

6. everytime the offense got in rhythm someone fumbled, int or bad ref call. 

With how many times Carolina made it to the redzone or close to it with the no1 most effective offense, they have should have scored at least 4 tds.

Denver only kicked field goals. Their tds came from strip sack and a late defensive turnover on Cam. Other than not getting turnovers, the defense was fine vs a terrible Denver offense. To be honest the defense should have been way bettervs such a terrible offense. I dont care about peyton, he was coming off the bench. Carolina choked and with the help of luck and bad refs, they lost.

as much as no one wants to admit we absolutely overachieved in 2015, there were plenty of games in which we squeaked by despite going into clock-wasting mode way too early and let others teams back into the game before our defense (JNo interception against the Aints and McCown, TD pick against Rodgers, etc) or Cam (NYG game)  bailed us out. we absolutely dominated the NFC playoffs but didn't adjust our gameplan going into the SB and as a result got our weaknesses (OL, slot receiver) got exposed completely despite a great performance by our defense. Shula, and Ron to a lesser level, got completely exposed and outcoached despite our obvious talent advantage on the offensive side of the ball.

Archived