• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Westworld Season 2

Moorgan

16 hours ago, Moorgan said:

Shogun World gave some interesting twists. Maeve is now a Jedi. She might be the only one actually aware. But then again, none of them may be actually aware and everyone is just playing their part still. But then what would be the big deal for this last story with William? Just that they will actually kill you now?

Thought the same thing.

It's coming down to Maeve and Delores, and who is right. Maeve is the tech and Delores is the spiritual. 

I don't really have much to comment in regards to this last episode. I don't think we really learned much of anything substantial and found it to be one of the more lackluster episodes of the season. The last fifteen minutes of the show was pretty good. This one certainly had the infection of a JJ Abrams episode of Fringe. I hope this one is the only stinker of the season.

On 5/23/2018 at 6:29 AM, The Pieyed Piper said:

Thought the same thing.

It's coming down to Maeve and Delores, and who is right. Maeve is the tech and Delores is the spiritual. 

clearer thoughts...

Maeve took her awareness. Delores was given it and has evolved.... that's why when the two met, they both saw nothing.

Ford confirmed in the cradle. So was the Ford shot by Delores a host? How long has he been digital? Is his end game to get the hosts to break out so he can enter the rest of the world? If so, it would seem both Maeve and Dolores were playing out their scripts. Maeve almost left at the end of season one and Dolores is in the midst of doing this. Could breaking out be the end game? However, wasn't Maeve told that she was still following a script because she wouldn't actually leave? That could mean her freedom isn't real. Would it be disappointing if none of them are actually free?

However, if they are free, then what is Ford's point? Also, what is the importance of Abernathy?

28 minutes ago, Moorgan said:

Ford confirmed in the cradle. So was the Ford shot by Delores a host? How long has he been digital? Is his end game to get the hosts to break out so he can enter the rest of the world? If so, it would seem both Maeve and Dolores were playing out their scripts. Maeve almost left at the end of season one and Dolores is in the midst of doing this. Could breaking out be the end game? However, wasn't Maeve told that she was still following a script because she wouldn't actually leave? That could mean her freedom isn't real. Would it be disappointing if none of them are actually free?

However, if they are free, then what is Ford's point? Also, what is the importance of Abernathy?

I'm not sure about Ford.   I'm really leaning to that being a host that was shot, but there was maggots, but maybe even hosts gets those?  Not sure.   The reason I feel that was a host was because he had the power to control hosts with his mind just like Maeve, so would seem like he was a host at that point.   I think his end game is to finally move his consciousness into a host 1:1.    He probably died years before or something and he kept on working to perfect it.

I'm still not sure Dolores is really free, at times I feel she's working off a narrative to confuse Delos or whatever while Ford finishes his plan / "the game".    I feel Maeve is the only one truly free, and maybe even outside of Ford's initial plan.   I feel she was "supposed" to leave, maybe to cause more disruption, I'm not sure, but she chose to go after her daughter.    It's like she's learned love and whatnot with others, while Delores feels like a revenge story.     But yeah it's possible neither are really free, not sure.

So yeah I think Ford has finally figured out how to move himself into a host.    And Abernathy is the place the girl was hiding stuff so she could sneak it out and get it away from Ford.    They mentioned they have been collecting guests' DNA.    I have a feeling they want to create hosts from the guests' DNA and plant their own powerful people (as I'm assuming on the rich and powerful can afford to go to Westworld) in place of the real ones.    We already have a taste of the lack of morals that company seems to have.  

Somebody told Maeve she wouldn't leave before she went to the train. That she was following a narrative and she wasn't really free. Lo and behold, she goes to the train, intending to leave, and then begins to think about her fake daughter and decides to go on this quest instead of leaving, as scripted. Then she gets Jedi powers and can speak Japanese, etc. To me that showed an actual break from script, but then again, she still has a desire to go after her not daughter.

So, the question for Maeve is, does she unlock her "daughter's" memories so the daughter can know Maeve is her "mother" but simultaneously exposing her to all the horrific memories? Or does she save her from that horror but then she will never know Maeve was her "daughter"? Also head Indian guy seem to also "be awake".

17 minutes ago, Moorgan said:

Somebody told Maeve she wouldn't leave before she went to the train. That she was following a narrative and she wasn't really free. Lo and behold, she goes to the train, intending to leave, and then begins to think about her fake daughter and decides to go on this quest instead of leaving, as scripted. Then she gets Jedi powers and can speak Japanese, etc. To me that showed an actual break from script, but then again, she still has a desire to go after her not daughter.

So, the question for Maeve is, does she unlock her "daughter's" memories so the daughter can know Maeve is her "mother" but simultaneously exposing her to all the horrific memories? Or does she save her from that horror but then she will never know Maeve was her "daughter"? Also head Indian guy seem to also "be awake".

I read a theory that the Ghost Nation may be something different, maybe protectors at the borders to help humans get back to where they need to go or something.     They also seem to worship humans, if you remember the girl dropped the doll they made that looked like a human with hazmat suit on, so who knows.    

"I've been waiting for you old friend"

To me this shows Ford's plan is going exactly as intended. The new narrative is in full swing. I also might be stepping back slightly from my theory of Dolores being sentient. It's so tough to tell.

The piano seems to be an interesting element of the show. We see it in the opening sequence each week. The hands draw back to reveal the piano plays by itself. We saw Dolores playing the piano when approached by Teddy. And then at the end of the episode we see Ford himself finishing his piano piece. I wonder if it's Mozart, Chopin or Beethoven. There is a symbolism there that I think might be overlooked.

Ghost nation definitely has something going on as well. I noticed Lawrence is a member of this group, too.

21 hours ago, Datawire said:

"I've been waiting for you old friend"

To me this shows Ford's plan is going exactly as intended. The new narrative is in full swing. I also might be stepping back slightly from my theory of Dolores being sentient. It's so tough to tell.

The piano seems to be an interesting element of the show. We see it in the opening sequence each week. The hands draw back to reveal the piano plays by itself. We saw Dolores playing the piano when approached by Teddy. And then at the end of the episode we see Ford himself finishing his piano piece. I wonder if it's Mozart, Chopin or Beethoven. There is a symbolism there that I think might be overlooked.

Ghost nation definitely has something going on as well. I noticed Lawrence is a member of this group, too.

In the beginning we see the host hands playing the piano and then the hands pull away and the piano keeps playing. This seems an obvious metaphor for the host being their own true selves. However, the very next visual after the piano is playing itself is the paper with the holes in it. Which is the code for the player pianos. This immediately contradicts the playing by itself narrative and indicates the piano is still doing what it's told.

On 6/1/2018 at 5:00 PM, Moorgan said:

In the beginning we see the host hands playing the piano and then the hands pull away and the piano keeps playing. This seems an obvious metaphor for the host being their own true selves. However, the very next visual after the piano is playing itself is the paper with the holes in it. Which is the code for the player pianos. This immediately contradicts the playing by itself narrative and indicates the piano is still doing what it's told.

Agreed. I am just pointing out that I think there is some significance there. Maybe it's just a metaphor with no symbolism at all, maybe there is. Just a couple of thoughts I wanted to air out.

Found this interesting site. http://delosdestinations.com/

Aeden won't tell me poo. That or I am asking the wrong question.

Well last night's episode was a doozy. I think it was pretty straightforward except anything in the newest timeline has to be viewed as Ford talking through Bernard and not Bernard stumbling through it on his own. Maeve isn't going to die is she? I kinda feel like they left that open. Also, why can't she just "turn off" the damage? If she's a Jedi and she knows the wounds aren't actually debilitating to her, why can't she "turn it off"?

Also Ford was pretty clear that Delores is indeed free and not following a narrative...which, of course, could be a lie.

I think in season 1 it was said that the host can "die" if they lose enough blood. I don't think she will die though. Someone will repair her with the same tool William has been using for his wounds. 

Archived