• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2018 NFL draft reset: Mel Kiper, Todd McShay answer last-minute questions

Palmetto

Nice question and answer with McShay and Kiper

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2018/story/_/id/23276976/2018-nfl-draft-preview-mel-kiper-todd-mcshay-answer-final-questions-prospects-rankings-mock-draft-picks

12. Who is the combine breakthrough who is now a first-round lock?

McShay: Louisville cornerback Jaire Alexander was a standout. He's now my 15th-ranked overall prospect, and a 4.38 40 and 35-inch vertical at the combine helped.

14. Who's the player who really needs a redshirt year in 2018?

McShay: This is Mel's guy, but it's UCLA offensive tackle Kolton Miller. He had a great combine and the tools are there, but he needs time to develop. He's raw. He's not polished enough with his hands.

15. Which prospect will go lower than he should?

Kiper: The guy I like on Day 2 who could be a really good player is Georgia running back Nick Chubb. He tested great at the combine, and he had a fantastic college career. His injury history is what is keeping him out of the first round, but I really think he's going to play early and often in 2018. He could make a Kareem Hunt-like impact.

16. Who's the prospect who will be overdrafted based on what you've seen on tape?

McShay: SMU wide receiver Courtland Sutton. Sutton is a height-weight speed guy at 6-3, 218 with a 4.55 40, but he doesn't play that big on tape. I think he'll be drafted sooner than he should based on his measurables.

25. Over/under at 2.5 offensive tackles in Round 1?

Kiper: This is 50-50, in my opinion. UCLA's Kolton Miller and Notre Dame's Mike McGlinchey are first-round locks. After that, I'm not sure if another one goes. If I were running a team, I wouldn't take Texas' Connor Williams in Round 1, and he might move to guard anyway. Louisville's Geron Christian is another possibility, but he's more likely to be a top-40 pick.

26. Who's the best slot corner in this draft?

McShay: Florida's Duke Dawson. I really like his tape and think he'll probably go in the third round.

27. Who's the best deep threat?

Kiper: LSU's D.J. Chark, who ran a 4.34 40 and had a 40-inch vertical jump at the combine. His tape is inconsistent overall, but he can run past most defensive backs. Expect him to be picked at the top of Round 2.

28. Which prospect not named Saquon Barkley could be a fantasy star in Year 1?

Kiper: My top-ranked wide receiver is Alabama's Calvin Ridley, who is advanced as a route runner and is already 23. He can be a Week 1 starter, and his game (and size) reminds me some of Hall of Fame wideout Marvin Harrison.

ED2F5B6F-B4DE-4C6B-B26C-15C712FE8830.thumb.jpeg.136e7d2b814d8dd87cb0e31767500ef8.jpeg

smdh. Just ask if if 2 or 3 tackles will be drafted

these draft dudes who take it as serious as life or dealth like to use special vocab and cool little mathmatical weird ways to say something to try and sound smart and precise

”this is the language i use, i know a lot about draft lingo. Respect me. Think of me as draft relevant. I only smart draft guys use this language to comunicate simple things..  “

Archived