• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Eric Reid files collusion grievance against NFL

Every time I start to get mad at what the league is doing, I remind myself that we've got a best case scenario that could definitely happen: Kap and Reid win a fat judgment against this bullsh*t cartel and get all the money they were gonna get anyway without having to spend another couple years getting their heads professionally bashed in.

10 minutes ago, Matthias said:

If it's a workplace, how about we keep the national anthem outside the workplace.  Do you stand and sing the anthem at your place of work?  If yes, please tell me what you do. 

I don’t but if I had to I would. Kids stand up and do the pledge of allegiance every morning. 

A bunch of millionaires playing a game should stand for the flag. Kneeling and sitting down bc of BLM is the stupidest thing ever. What’s sad is, Kaepernick would be look in the future as Rosa Park and MLK. When the real reason for him sitting down in the first place was due to being upset at getting bench for Blaine Gabbert!!!!! 

#DropTheMic

2 hours ago, Carolina-Chuck18 said:

His NFL career has just now officially ended. What a total loser. I was a huge fan of him coming out from LSU. 

If I am correct, SF offered him a lesser contract which he turned down. Cincy even brought him in for a visit. And I’m sure the “kneeling” was a discussion during the visit. NFL is a work place. Come to work and play damn FOOTBALL! Protest all you want outside the work zone. 

Reid and Kaep will be writing a book soon to help pay their debts. 

Don't get too excited now or you might crash that Segway into the pretzel stand, mall cop.

19 minutes ago, Carolina-Chuck18 said:

I don’t but if I had to I would. Kids stand up and do the pledge of allegiance every morning. 

A bunch of millionaires playing a game should stand for the flag. Kneeling and sitting down bc of BLM is the stupidest thing ever. What’s sad is, Kaepernick would be look in the future as Rosa Park and MLK. When the real reason for him sitting down in the first place was due to being upset at getting bench for Blaine Gabbert!!!!! 

#DropTheMic

You don't have to, and neither do the players.  It's not even a rule to stand for the anthem.  Kids can stay seated if they want to.  To be completely honest, all the power is in the players hands if they chose to come together as one, and start fighting back.  These owners sit on their behinds making all this money, yet I don't go to football games to see them.  I don't watch it on tv, to see Jerry Jones' sad face in the owner's box.  I watch the players play football.

Kaepernick and Reid may not win their cases in court, but I hope they can put a dent in these sorry owners' wallets.

43 minutes ago, Carolina-Chuck18 said:

#DropTheMic

“I don’t”

Really all that needs to be said right there. I guess now we can stop bringing up the whole job comparison, because more than likely, 90% of us aren’t forced to say it at our workplaces. 

Also, my younger cousins don’t say the pledge of allegiance in class, and i know we stopped saying it in class after my 3rd or 4th grade year. Every kid I know doesn’t say it. 

Nothing sadder than when people try to build pride, camaraderie, and fellow-spirit by forcing some people to recite other people's words. 

Imagine if you learned your favorite sports team was trying to build a spirit of teamwork and brotherhood by forcing players to recite a "Falcons Oath" or some crap --- while treating them like garbage as human beings and never being there for them when they face a problem.

If you want to build something, here's two steps:

a.) Make people feel like they belong and are included
b.) Create something people feel proud to belong to

If you can't do that much, you haven't built sh*t and should maybe think about getting started on actually building something. Forcing everyone to play make-believe is perhaps a sign that something has gone seriously wrong and you aren't working on fixing it.

Applies equally to building a country or a team.

We could use Reid btw.

44 minutes ago, Matthias said:

You don't have to, and neither do the players.  It's not even a rule to stand for the anthem.  Kids can stay seated if they want to.  To be completely honest, all the power is in the players hands if they chose to come together as one, and start fighting back.  These owners sit on their behinds making all this money, yet I don't go to football games to see them.  I don't watch it on tv, to see Jerry Jones' sad face in the owner's box.  I watch the players play football.

Kaepernick and Reid may not win their cases in court, but I hope they can put a dent in these sorry owners' wallets.

I don’t give a hell about the owners or your boss or my boss or my sexy ass milf neighbor’s boss. But you stand up for the flag Bc of the men who gave up their lives for you to be able to make millions playing a stupid game that fans like. 

If Kaepernick and Reid really wanted to protest then sit out of games. 

20 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

“I don’t”

Really all that needs to be said right there. I guess now we can stop bringing up the whole job comparison, because more than likely, 90% of us aren’t forced to say it at our workplaces. 

Also, my younger cousins don’t say the pledge of allegiance in class, and i know we stopped saying it in class after my 3rd or 4th grade year. Every kid I know doesn’t say it. 

Pathetic 

34 minutes ago, Carolina-Chuck18 said:

I don’t give a hell about the owners or your boss or my boss or my sexy ass milf neighbor’s boss. But you stand up for the flag Bc of the men who gave up their lives for you to be able to make millions playing a stupid game that fans like. 

If Kaepernick and Reid really wanted to protest then sit out of games. 

fug the flag and fug stupid wars

Archived