• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Young Bucks*

SetfreexX

When you sit back and think about it, the Panthers have some very big names on the roster - Cam / Olsen / Luke / TD / Peppers / Short, all of which have a HOF career trajectory when you really sit back and think about it, I mean in all honesty in this group aside from Short do you not see them all as HOF players when their respective time comes?

With that being said, I think some of the potential and youth is over looked because those listed above receive so much attention, when I start to look at some of our young core, I feel like break out seasons are on the cusp for a couple of players, here's my list of players that may shine a bit brighter in 2018. 

Wes Horton, and Daeshon Hall, both have the prototype size for an NFL LE and with Peppers likely maintaining his 3rd down role, and situational pass rushing I look for one of these two to really show up and surprise a few of us this season. 

Next up is Vernon Butler to many Huddlers he and Bradberry are the remnants of what many consider and what may truly be a wasted draft, and it's hard to disagree, I'll cut Getts some slack as we were picking at THE BOTTOM of each round that year excluding trades, but guys like (Worley, Sanchez, Sandland) are no longer with the team after just two seasons, and two technically never even made the roster to begin with as rookies. However IMO opinion anytime Butler was luck enough to see the field in 2017 for me he flashed, he stood out a bit and made plays, for a guy playing being a former 1st round pick in Star, and one of the best 3 techs in the NFL Short, I think Butler essentially did what he was asked to do by the staff. Coming into his 3rd season, and even with another 1st rounder in Poe ahead of him, I look to see his impact continue to trend up. 

Curtis Samuel & Taylor Moton both are just a year removed from being 2nd round selections, Samuel was finally starting to look promising until the injury, and Moton was buried behind Norwell, Turner, the ascension of Williams, and Matt Kalil's pay check. For all intents and purposes Samuel is back and at the very least closing in on full strength for training camp, and I look for him to continue to show the kind of weapon that he demonstrated in the MIA game last season. Oddly enough Moton is battling things out with another former 2nd round selection in Amini Silatolu, and last year was relegated to the extra lineman on run down, and heavy looks. I fully anticipate Their plan is to keep the competition up, but I fully expect Moton to be the starting LG by week one, and I also believe we will be surprised with his ability to fill in for Norwell. In all honesty Norwell wasn't Norwell, until he was. I see a similar path for Moton as he continues to develop, Turner was a starter as a 3rd rounder back in 2015, I don't think you spend the 64th pick via trade on a guy to sit when their isn't an All-Pro player ahead of him. 

Well gents, these are some of the names I'm looking forward to seeing assert themselves further for the Panthers this coming season, I purposely didn't include James Bradberry or Corn Elder, as I think Bradberry will bounce back, and he's someone we're all fairly familiar with on the field, as far as Corn being a 5th round pick with guys like Munnerlyn / Seymour / Jackson ahead of him I think it will be hard for him to crack the game day rotation, or even dress if he makes the team. I currently see the gameday corners as -- Bradberry / Cockrell / Munnerlyn / Jackson / Seymour 

Archived