• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Positives from the Loss

venom

1. REALITY CHECK.

i dont think the panthers had big heads or anything, but it will help them realize that there is always work to do, and there will always be room for improvement.

2. CONFIDENCE.

i know this may seem contraditory to the point above, however, this loss has also shown the players that they can infact compete with the nfl's best (on the road) and even give them a good run for their money. they did so without the likes of vincent and kemo, who both play critical roles in their respective units.

3. REVENGE.

call me crazy, but this may be the biggest positive factor from the loss. since the beginning of the fox era, whenever the panthers have faced a team twice within a season (including post season play), and lost the first game of the matchup, they usually always win the second time around. we have won 8 out of 11 of these scenarios. noteable 2nd round victories included in these situations are: Bears '05, Giants '05, Cowboys '03, Eagles '03. the three times we lost during the second go-around, were in 2002 and 2004.

the same thing has been shown to go against us (when facing team with records of .500 and over). there have been many times where we won the first matchup, only to lose the second time around...at least we dont have that going against us now. haha.

'03: Lost to Dallas and Philly in regular season in embarrassing losses, beat them both in the playoffs

'05: Lost to Chicago in regular season in embarrassing loss, beat them in the playoffs.

We'll obviously be able to beat the Giants if we play them. Remains to be seen if we do if we get to play them.

1. REALITY CHECK.

i dont think the panthers had big heads or anything, but it will help them realize that there is always work to do, and there will always be room for improvement.

2. CONFIDENCE.

i know this may seem contraditory to the point above, however, at the same time this loss has shown the players that they can infact compete with the nfl's best (on the road) and even give them a good run for their money. they did so without the likes of vincent and kemo, who both play critical roles in their respective units.

3. REVENGE.

call me crazy, but this may be the biggest positive factor from the loss. since the beginning of the fox era, whenever the panthers have faced a team twice within a season (including post season play as well), and lost the first game of the matchup, they usually always win the second time around. we have won 8 out of 11 of these scenarios. the same thing goes against us (when facing team with records of .500 and over). there have been many times where we won the first matchup, only to lose the second time around...at least we dont have that going against us now. haha.

Yep, and we owe the Vikings too, so the perfect scenario is to lock up the #2, get the bye, host the Vikings in the second round, beat their ass, go back up to NJ and beat the Giants for a Super Bowl berth. There's your fairy tale. LOL

Also, of note, we can play ATL, but must avoid Arizona and Chicago.

yep, and we owe the vikings too, so the perfect scenario is to lock up the #2, get the bye, host the vikings in the second round, beat their ass, go back up to nj and beat the giants for a super bowl berth. There's your fairy tale. Lol

also, of note, we can play atl, but must avoid arizona and chicago.

lol wut

Oh I get it, it's because we beat them earlier in the season.

Still, the Cards are playing about as well as the Lions of late. Plus........they're the Cards. Not worried about them at all.

Yeah, me neither, just trying to stick with the revenge theory. :D

Yep, and we owe the Vikings too, so the perfect scenario is to lock up the #2, get the bye, host the Vikings in the second round, beat their ass, go back up to NJ and beat the Giants for a Super Bowl berth. There's your fairy tale. LOL

Also, of note, we can play ATL, but must avoid Arizona and Chicago.

hahahaha EXACTLY!

'03: Lost to Dallas and Philly in regular season in embarrassing losses, beat them both in the playoffs

'05: Lost to Chicago in regular season in embarrassing loss, beat them in the playoffs.

We'll obviously be able to beat the Giants if we play them. Remains to be seen if we do if we get to play them.

haha...just edited these into my initial post

Archived