• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Bull Ratio

Black&Blue

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Do you understand that part A of your graphic is 35 rushing attempts? While part B is a combination of touches for about 8 different possible players.

Realistically, 6 different possible players, but the point of "Part B" is that you can replace carries with catches.  There's a built in outlet for keeping the running backs heavily involved if the running game isn't working.   

It's amusing to me that you pounced on rush attempts without reading the entire graphic.

31 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Do you really think you're providing any type of insight with this?

Well I'm not trying to be Aristotle, but I believe it's useful, yes.  Quite a few Panther fans think Moore is the next Steve Smith, when in reality, he's looked terrible and likely needs a year or two of development.   I like him longterm, but Carolina would be in trouble if he was pressed into a major role early on.  

58 minutes ago, Black&Blue said:

Realistically, 6 different possible players, but the point of "Part B" is that you can replace carries with catches.  There's a built in outlet for keeping the running backs heavily involved if the running game isn't working.   

It's amusing to me that you pounced on rush attempts without reading the entire graphic.

I find it amusing that you seemingly can't understand that "touches" also includes rushing attempts.

Just as an addendum, it's actually very important to correctly identify your best players.  I know this doesn't sound groundbreaking, but teams fail to do this on a consistent basis.  A good case in point is the 2014 Panthers.  Kelvin Benjamin was one of the most targeted players in the NFL in 2014, despite being one of the least efficient WRs in the league.  This was a reason why the team was so bad for most of that season.  The offense was erroneously built around a player who actually sucked.  The team couldn't find it's footing until Shula stopped dicking around and started feeding the ball to Jonathan Stewart after the bye week.  Coincidentally, the team went 4-1 after the bye.

So yeah, knowing who actually deserves the football is important.  We could have countless other threads about the proper tactics to use in order to achieve that goal, but setting a predetermined, statistical baseline does matter.  Every successful team or corporation does this.  If you think Bill Belichick just goes into a game without knowing exactly how the football should be distributed, then you're crazy.

Archived