• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Eric Reid being a distraction

7 hours ago, GRWatcher said:

The man who was shot and DIED was Justin Carr. He's not "one guy". Rayquan Borum is charged with murder along with possession of a firearm by a felon. His trial starts in December. Prosecutors are not seeking the death penalty.

I'm not arguing or debating with anyone. I simply want people to remember the man who was killed while peacefully protesting and to not treat it glibly as if he was grazed by a bullet and survived.

Rayquan Borum is very lucky to not get death penalty for what was done but life in prison could be a lot worse and was a known felon which does not look good and gun charges added to his record.

7 hours ago, GRWatcher said:

The man who was shot and DIED was Justin Carr. He's not "one guy". Rayquan Borum is charged with murder along with possession of a firearm by a felon. His trial starts in December. Prosecutors are not seeking the death penalty.

I'm not arguing or debating with anyone. I simply want people to remember the man who was killed while peacefully protesting and to not treat it glibly as if he was grazed by a bullet and survived.

Anyone who knows anything about the protests knows that Justin Carr died. I apologize if you mistook my wording as if it was my intention to minimize that. He was most likely hit by an errant bullet, not 'swept up in the violence of the Charlotte 'riots''. Would explain why they're not pursuing the death penalty for Borum. Any innocent death is a tragedy, but it doesn't justify characterizing the protests as 'riots that tore the city apart.'

20 hours ago, Billy_T said:

Me either.

If E. Reid would stop using the black power fist & showing up at press conferences in #I'MWITHKAP shirts & bloviating his revisionist history of the last 400 years & not kneel during the national anthem....

....all the protest talk would go away.   There's always hope....

38 posts. So basically, you joined up to spread your vile racism. Says a lot about the powers that run this site, when you are still allowed to continue to post here.

Archived