• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Too Early Saints Thread

UpstatePanther

4 hours ago, RumHam said:

For those fug hags, that's an easy schedule with their toughest opponent being this week on the road in cincy. They will get all the calls at home as Brees is now the golden boy that must win another super bowl. The league doesn't want another nick foles. Seriously, Eagles and Falcons at home are wins, and then dallas and tampa on the road? Big whoop. I still think we get them in our house, but they'll beat Pitt at home and probably beat us at home because of Hurricane Katrina 20 years later. fug the saints, fug the nfl, and fug PFF.

I don't know what's worse. Thinking the NFL gave the Saints a SB because of a hurricane 4 years before, or thinking the reason the Saints win games 13 years later is because of the same hurricane lol.

17 hours ago, UpstatePanther said:

It's also infuriating that they somehow drew Philly and Pittsburgh at home. Along with the Rams. Their hardest non-divisional away game was the freaking Vikings. Just stupid.

What’s infuriating is how people still not knowing how the schedule rotation works.

2015: we went to Philadelphia, the Eagles went to Charlotte

2018: Eagles come to New Orleans, the Panthers go to Philadelphia

Same with the Steelers...

2014: we went to Pittsburgh, the Steelers went to Charlotte

2018: Steelers come to New Orleans, the Panthers go to Pittsburgh.

It’s really not difficult.

As for the Rams/Vikings, we play them because they and us both won their divisions last year (a 1st place schedule). Y’all are playing the two 2nd place teams in those divisions (vs. Seahawks, @ Lions). The NFC West teams all travel to the NFC South teams and all the NFC South teams travel to the NFC North teams. Got it?

17 hours ago, HornetsSting said:

Wait, do they really have 3 consecutive road games and their 3rd road game being us? That can’t be right. Typo?

EDIT: holy fug. They play us on a 3rd consecutive road game and in prime time at our house?! Ok I am suddenly extremely optimistic about atleast splitting with them now. 

It doesn’t get anymore favorable than that.

You do realize we have 7 days between the Falcons and Cowboys games, 10 days between the Cowboys and Buccaneers games, and then 8 days between the Buccaneers and Panthers games, right?

2 hours ago, Iron Saint said:

What’s infuriating is how people still not knowing how the schedule rotation works.

2015: we went to Philadelphia, the Eagles went to Charlotte

2018: Eagles come to New Orleans, the Panthers go to Philadelphia

Same with the Steelers...

2014: we went to Pittsburgh, the Steelers went to Charlotte

2018: Steelers come to New Orleans, the Panthers go to Pittsburgh.

It’s really not difficult.

As for the Rams/Vikings, we play them because they and us both won their divisions last year (a 1st place schedule). Y’all are playing the two 2nd place teams in those divisions (vs. Seahawks, @ Lions). The NFC West teams all travel to the NFC South teams and all the NFC South teams travel to the NFC North teams. Got it?

You do realize we have 7 days between the Falcons and Cowboys games, 10 days between the Cowboys and Buccaneers games, and then 8 days between the Buccaneers and Panthers games, right?

I get all that. But my team had the opposite luck of the draw this season. We play most of our tough games on the road. You play most of yours at home. That's an advantage and from my perspective, it sucks. Lol. I'm aware that the football gods do not care and expect my team to just beat who is in front of them just like they expect yours to do the same, if we want to be among the greats. I get it's been scheduled for years, but there's still some luck of the draw. You can't deny that. Y'all just had better luck.

2 hours ago, UpstatePanther said:

I get all that. But my team had the opposite luck of the draw this season. We play most of our tough games on the road. You play most of yours at home. That's an advantage and from my perspective, it sucks. Lol. I'm aware that the football gods do not care and expect my team to just beat who is in front of them just like they expect yours to do the same, if we want to be among the greats. I get it's been scheduled for years, but there's still some luck of the draw. You can't deny that. Y'all just had better luck.

It's not "luck" though, this schedule rotation has been the same since the division re-alignment in 2002. None knows which teams are going to get drastically better year in and year out and they don't get better by being "lucky". It's just how the schedule falls. We're not "lucky" that the Rams, Eagles, and Steelers all just so happened to get better before having to travel to New Orleans.

Half of each division plays the same slate of home/away games (y'all and the Falcons) and the other half plays the opposite home/away slate (us and the Bucs).

Next year our road schedule looks like this: @ Seahawks, @ Rams, @ Titans, @ Jaguars, and @ NFC North same place finisher (who if the season ended today would be the Bears).

Meanwhile, y'all would get all those teams in Charlotte except for the NFC North team; y'all would be traveling to the Vikings and host a NFC East team (who'd be the Eagles if the season ended today). I wouldn't be here complaining "y'all get to play all those teams at home!"

2 hours ago, raz said:

i hope its cold and mole face is freezing.   they're all freezing.    and we're smashing 'em.

Brees went to Purdue, seems like half our team went to Ohio State, another Big 10 school or have played in colder climates on previous NFL teams, and we're 2-0 in the last two games below freezing. It's not such a big advantage as y'all may think.

Archived