• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This Was Always Going to Happen???

SetfreexX

31 minutes ago, SetfreexX said:

I'm in the other camp, Star didn't have a ton of tangible production. I think Poe has done his job, the runs that we surrender are on cut backs, and missed tackles, the interior runs have been minimized for the most part all season. 

The only players I see making plays at or behind the LOS are Luke, and Reid when he's in the box. Name the last time you saw TD in the backfield. I can't blame Shaq because he is relegated to spelling TD. 

I have seen a number of plays where Poe is completely blocked out of his gap assignment.  I'm not expecting QB pressure or even penetration,  but dont get moved out of your running lane.  That is legitimately your only job.

47 minutes ago, SetfreexX said:

I mean most of the best players on the team the last several years were from the Hurney era, can we somehow combine Getts / Hurn to form the ultimate GM???

That's a pretty common fallacy on here.

If you wanna judge a GM by select players, then you can make anybody look good...or bad. For example, if you judge Phil Savage on the fact that he drafted Joe Thomas, he's great. Overall results, not so much.

If you want to judge accurately, you have to look at the overall roster and the results produced. Take Savage, for example. He drafted arguably the greatest left tackle in history. That should be the foundation for a winning team.

Except it wasn't.

That's why Savage is no longer employed as opposed to b ing inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

Bottom Line: You have to see the big picture. Looking only at individual transactions is a lot like looking at Matt Kalil's best blocks on a highlight reel and determining based on those plays that he's the best left tackle in the league.

(or looking only at Cam Newton's interceptions and determining he's the worst quarterback ever)

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

So you disbelieve any of the hearsay about Gettleman being a meanie, right? :)

Well a good number of our players said he was. I'd believe Hurney was talked out of some bad draft moves if some people who worked with Hurney said so.

9 minutes ago, Car123 said:

Well a good number of our players said he was. I'd believe Hurney was talked out of some bad draft moves if some people who worked with Hurney said so.

They did.

Look dude, I know you're bullsh-tting here. I only play this game with you because it amuses me. But we both know Hurney needs to be replaced. You've already admitted that elsewhere.

We can banter as much as you want, but going forward, you know as well as I do that we need new leadership if we're gonna be anything better than mediocre.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

They did.

Look dude, I know you're bullsh-tting here. I only play this game with you because it amuses me. But we both know Hurney needs to be replaced. You've already admitted that elsewhere.

We can banter as much as you want, but going forward, you know as well as I do that we need new leadership if we're gonna be anything better than mediocre.

Where are the articles? Quotes?

Funny, I find your posts amusing too. I never said he needed to be replaced. He's had a good year, just that bad coaching ruined the season. I'll support a new GM just as I supported Gettleman until he started making lousy decisions.

51 minutes ago, Car123 said:

Where are the articles? Quotes?

Funny, I find your posts amusing too. I never said he needed to be replaced. He's had a good year, just that bad coaching ruined the season. I'll support a new GM just as I supported Gettleman until he started making lousy decisions.

Well, if you find articles and quotes convincing, I can give you plenty where people talk about Cam Newton being a bad passer.

Shall I google? :thinking:

Archived