• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2019 Playoff race.

TheMaulClaw

1 hour ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Huge third period for the boys in a 4-1 win over Ottawa.

Unfortunately we haven't gotten any help so far as the Jackets and Sabres have both won.

Magic Number: 16-9 over the last 25

Important Notes: 14 of the final 25 are against teams with a worse record than the Canes / 14 of the final 25 are at home.

I think this road trip has shown the growth of the team. We went 4-1 on a long road trip and everyone I think is secretly bothered by that New Jersey game.  I think if they can keep their momentum going to close out the season they'll be fine.

12 hours ago, TheMaulClaw said:

I think this road trip has shown the growth of the team. We went 4-1 on a long road trip and everyone I think is secretly bothered by that New Jersey game.  I think if they can keep their momentum going to close out the season they'll be fine.

I’m hoping so. We do have a combined three more games against the Pens and Jackets. I feel pretty confident in saying that if we win those three we are a playoff team.

6 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Also just to revisit the Nino/Rask trade... Niederreiter is playing at a 74 point pace per 82 games since he arrived in Carolina.

Rask is playing at a 16 point pace per 82 games since he joined the Wild.

Yeah Neiderreiter is playing with a chip on his shoulder. Great trade. Let's hope the Pens drop a winnable game tonight.

1 hour ago, MillionDollarCam said:

The Islanders beat the Jackets tonight which gives the Canes some much needed help, still waiting on the outcome of the Habs and Caps games.

I kept an eye on that score.  Was happy to see the result.  Tomorrow is a big game to keep pace.  Team would be wise to take it one game at a time.

On 2/13/2019 at 1:22 PM, MillionDollarCam said:

Also just to revisit the Nino/Rask trade... Niederreiter is playing at a 74 point pace per 82 games since he arrived in Carolina.

Rask is playing at a 16 point pace per 82 games since he joined the Wild.

Both will probably move closer to the mean going forward but even still that was an outstanding trade, can't believe we actually pulled it off. Also Turbo is on pace for 73 points and is tied for 14th in the league at plus 21 (leading the team). And he's been producing even without Aho on his line. That contract was a total steal. 

45 minutes ago, t96 said:

Both will probably move closer to the mean going forward but even still that was an outstanding trade, can't believe we actually pulled it off. Also Turbo is on pace for 73 points and is tied for 14th in the league at plus 21 (leading the team). And he's been producing even without Aho on his line. That contract was a total steal. 

All we had to do was take Bickell and I actually grew to love Bickell especially after realizing he had been with MS.

Archived