• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Garrett Bradbury should be our 1st round pick

Khyber53

2 hours ago, YoungPanthers89 said:

All Charlotte pro teams are anti NC State so its not likely 

It's unlikely because of the position he plays and the fact that hes not even the far and away consensus #1 center which sre pretty much the only centers who ever go in the 1st, much less the mid-1st. He would absolutely be in play at #47.

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's unlikely because of the position he plays and the fact that hes not even the far and away consensus #1 center which sre pretty much the only centers who ever go in the 1st, much less the mid-1st. He would absolutely be in play at #47.

I would have to give him thought at 47 but it would require a trade up for me of our 3a pick to grab a chauncey gardner jr or Juan thornhill.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

That sure would be nice. Maybe Amini is finally ready to be a starting caliber OG too.

Please dont go that far lol, I think butler is still a far better prospect and it would be nice! Still don't see it happening.

1 minute ago, Matt62881 said:

Please dont go that far lol, I think butler is still a far better prospect and it would be nice! Still don't see it happening.

That was heavy sarcasm. They're both busts. I wouldn't be surprised if neither are on the final roster this year.

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

That was heavy sarcasm. They're both busts. I wouldn't be surprised if neither are on the final roster this year.

Unless we get a DT in the draft or FA I dont see how he won't be. Hes still a decent rotational piece.

1 minute ago, stbugs said:

Dude, that’s low. Butler has had his moments and has been useful in the rotation. Calling someone Amini is just a low blow. Kind of like people saying they’d rather keep Kalil over Shaq. Maybe they are pro-bowlers but there’s a huge range of useful players before you get to bottom feeders that actually hurt the team like Amini and Kalil.

Amini is a bit of a stretch, but Butler has been our worst 1st round bust in a long time. Shaq is okay. I'd call him disappointing as a 1st rounder but definitely not an outright bust. 

Where the hurt us is that they were total luxury picks at the time. When you ignore massive immediate needs to take a guy at a position of strength, you need that guy to be really, REALLY good to justify it. Neither Butler nor Shaq qualify.

2 minutes ago, Matt62881 said:

Unless we get a DT in the draft or FA I dont see how he won't be. Hes still a decent rotational piece.

This is a very stout DL class. I expect an edge rusher and a DT with two of our picks in the first three rounds.

On the field, he's the Matt Kalil of the defense. Subpar when available and rarely available. At least his contract isn't a cap killer.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This is a very stout DL class. I expect an edge rusher and a DT with two of our picks in the first three rounds.

On the field, he's the Matt Kalil of the defense. Subpar when available and rarely available. At least his contract isn't a cap killer.

Also he isnt expected to be a starter..i just think there are positions of need that fit our bpa just as well and we can wait next year and draft a dt in round 1. In reality I think we need to start thinking about a short replacement and I don't see getting that outside of rd 1 or 2 and to me we need a FS this year as there are quite a few I really like with excellent sideline to sideline range.

1 minute ago, stbugs said:

How was Shaq a luxury when he’s been a starter almost all the time he’s been here? Butler hasn’t started so he’s different but Shaq has played 50% of the time as a rookie and two thirds of the snaps the past two years even with Captain playing a ton. Please don’t say Mayo would replace him. Now TD is gone. If you want to say he’s underachieved, that’s your opinion but we play a 4-3 (maybe 3-4 a bit now) so having a 3rd LB isn’t really a luxury. 

I look for the shaq pick to finally pay off this year as he will be in play in our nickel package for a whole year. I'm kind of excited tbh!

5 minutes ago, Matt62881 said:

I look for the shaq pick to finally pay off this year as he will be in play in our nickel package for a whole year. I'm kind of excited tbh!

You’re excited to see more of the legendary “Buffalo Nickle”? 

87454489-B22F-4F0F-A614-85CF46963CA6.gif

3 minutes ago, Matt62881 said:

No...in the nickel package he would play rolb and we'll a nickel cb would play nickel.

And who’s he going to cover? He’s shown to struggle with TEs and RBs. For 4 years. And now we are giving him 9M to hope he gets it. He played it the first month last year. No noticeable improvement in his play. But we couldn’t get TD out there fast enough. He’s average. You don’t pay that much for an average OLB who doesn’t provide much pressure or cover well. 

Archived