• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers pick up option on Torrey Smith

ncfan

2 hours ago, frash.exe said:

how many GMs get the same job less than a year after being fired?

I guess by that metric, Mike Shula is a great offensive coordinator too, right?

1 hour ago, frash.exe said:

there’s a whole world out there beyond the huddle that doesn’t run off of the same popular opinion circle jerks that you take so much pride in leading

So much irony lol. Are you actually suggesting that being pro-Rivera/pro-Hurney is the “popular opinion”? The circle jerk is your crowd who post snarky, ill-informed, unoriginal comments opposing the two and then giggle while showering each other with pie. This might actually be the most delusional thing you’ve posted yet, but I’m eager to see if you can top that.

14 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

So your logic is that since JR would have blackballed this signing...then Tepper in turn gets credit for it, by simply allowing it to happen? Amazing...and that ladies and genetleman, is a prime example of employing mental gymnastics to fit a narrative.

this blew your mind lol

20 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

It truly did...much like how anti-vaxxers and flat-Earthers blow my mind. Or Rob Gronkowski every time he steps up to a podium.

That was the first true statement you’ve made yet, bravo.

so you like reddit. awesome sauce.

i welcome you to the idea that yes, if an owner doesn’t want a player signed for any reason, the executive is not going to sign the player. also, poo rolls downhill.

8 minutes ago, frash.exe said:

so you like reddit. awesome sauce.

i welcome you to the idea that yes, if an owner doesn’t want a player signed for any reason, the executive is not going to sign the player. also, poo rolls downhill.

Lol what are you even arguing? If you think I’m contending the first half of your statement that JR would’ve blackballed the Reid signing, then you are mistaken and missing the point. My objection is with your logical fallacy that somehow because Tepper didn’t forbid the Reid signing, that he actually directly effectuated it. Not prohibiting a signing is different than him approaching Hurney and saying “you need to sign Reid”, the latter of which you had suggested with zero supporting evidence.

Also I don’t know what your Reddit reference means as I have never been on there. I’m sure it was a great zinger though....I’m sorry I couldn’t appreciate it more.

18 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

Lol what are you even arguing? If you think I’m contending the first half of your statement that JR would’ve blackballed the Reid signing, then you are mistaken and missing the point. My objection is with your logical fallacy that somehow because Tepper didn’t forbid the Reid signing, that he actually directly effectuated it. Not prohibiting a signing is different than him approaching Hurney and saying “you need to sign Reid”, the latter of which you had suggested with zero supporting evidence.

Also I don’t know what your Reddit reference means as I have never been on there. I’m sure it was a great zinger though....I’m sorry I couldn’t appreciate it more.

are you fuging aspergers?

eric reid is not a typical free agent. he’s a guy who kneeled and protested during the national anthem that teams would not touch. teams weren’t signing him either bc their owners did not support a man wearing their uniform that was going to kneel during the national anthem, or bc of pressure from donald trump. he sued for collusion. the complaint included the owners of the nfl. david tepper was not included bc he was not yet owner at the time the collusion was alleged to have occurred. last month, he reached a settlement agreement with the nfl so that the case didn’t make it to court.

it doesn’t matter if it was hurney’s idea, or ron’s, or one of hurney’s pets. this signing doesn’t happen without tepper’s blessing. you have a poo ton of media coverage devoted to this topic. an ongoing collusion case filed against the nfl. and if reid never said anything, if he never protested and he hit free agency in 2018, he would’ve gotten a multi-million dollar deal and multiple teams suiting his services. he even did get brought in for a visit in cincinnati during the offseason, but he left without signing a deal. it was reported that mike brown asked him if he would not protest when playing for the bengals.

this isn’t a case of hurney just finding this FA gem that nobody else saw talent in sitting on the couch and going “hey come play for us for super cheap this year” like he’s executive of the year, like you’re making it out to be. i don’t give a poo how many ways you want to articulate that it was hurney’s idea and that’s all that matters because you have so much time on your hands. there are 31 other executives that can sign players in this league and a good portion of them would’ve jumped at the opportunity to bring reid in, if only their respective owners would have let them do so.

45 minutes ago, frash.exe said:

are you fuging aspergers?

eric reid is not a typical free agent. he’s a guy who kneeled and protested during the national anthem that teams would not touch. teams weren’t signing him either bc their owners did not support a man wearing their uniform that was going to kneel during the national anthem, or bc of pressure from donald trump. he sued for collusion. the complaint included the owners of the nfl. david tepper was not included bc he was not yet owner at the time the collusion was alleged to have occurred. last month, he reached a settlement agreement with the nfl so that the case didn’t make it to court.

it doesn’t matter if it was hurney’s idea, or ron’s, or one of hurney’s pets. this signing doesn’t happen without tepper’s blessing. you have a poo ton of media coverage devoted to this topic. an ongoing collusion case filed against the nfl. and if reid never said anything, if he never protested and he hit free agency in 2018, he would’ve gotten a multi-million dollar deal and multiple teams suiting his services. he even did get brought in for a visit in cincinnati during the offseason, but he left without signing a deal. it was reported that mike brown asked him if he would not protest when playing for the bengals.

this isn’t a case of hurney just finding this FA gem that nobody else saw talent in sitting on the couch and going “hey come play for us for super cheap this year” like he’s executive of the year, like you’re making it out to be. i don’t give a poo how many ways you want to articulate that it was hurney’s idea and that’s all that matters because you have so much time on your hands. there are 31 other executives that can sign players in this league and a good portion of them would’ve jumped at the opportunity to bring reid in, if only their respective owners would have let them do so.

A bit speculative and hyperbolic for my taste, but fair enough, I can concede that rationale good sir.

Archived