• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers have spent "considerable time" with Will Grier

Mr. Scot

This wont be poplar. 

If Norv and the rest of the Panthers scouts are high on Grier I say get him even if it takes our first.  Give him 2 years behind Cam if Cams shoulder holds out.  If it doesn't he replaces Cam whenever.   In two years Grier replaces Cam  and we use that savings in money for a couple years of SB runs.

11 minutes ago, Paa Langfart said:

This wont be poplar. 

If Norv and the rest of the Panthers scouts are high on Grier I say get him even if it takes our first.  Give him 2 years behind Cam if Cams shoulder holds out.  If it doesn't he replaces Cam whenever.   In two years Grier replaces Cam  and we use that savings in money for a couple years of SB runs.

Yeah, because drafting and developing QBs is such a slam dunk proposition...

Just now, Paa Langfart said:

well then,  lets just rely on picking some dude in the 3rd or 4th round for our future and put a few more screws in Cams shoulder and hope for the best.

That's exactly what we should do. It's highly likely that 3rd/4th rounder would be a career backup anyway. Go all in on putting a team around Cam and hoping for the best on his shoulder. It'll be rebuilt time anyway if that should is toast.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If I had to bet on Cam or 2nd/3rd round pick in this year's draft, I'd very confidently bet on Cam.

Grier is going to be better than any of the first rd picks. People are overlooking him, I'm glad and hope we get him. 81 TDS, 23 ints, and around 67% comp pct. Yeah I will take that all day. People thinking Cam is just going to come back and be this mvp QB better wake up 

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Theae types of posts always amuses me. If that's your stance, why bother being here to discuss anything?

These types of posts?  I think its dumb to rehash a matter of opinion.  I already stated what I think we should do, you said your piece, what else is there to say?

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

That's exactly what we should do. It's highly likely that 3rd/4th rounder would be a career backup anyway. Go all in on putting a team around Cam and hoping for the best on his shoulder. It'll be rebuilt time anyway if that should is toast.

You could also bolster up the oline or defense but sure, let’s take a backup QB....

Archived