• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pick 154: Carolina Panthers select Jordan Scarlett

ncfan

14 minutes ago, Black&BlueBubba said:

You may be right.  But I just like finding a new underdog to root for every season. This year I think Scarlett is my guy.  Holyfield May be tough but he is a plodder. This kid has strength and speed.  I really like how he runs. 

Who knows if we will ever use him.  But at least I can get my hopes up.  We have no intention of ever using CAP.  

I agree with this.. It's  nice to have a power back with speed to go the distance..

Let me put this another way.  Part of my wanting to find a second quality running back stems from the fact that we run 90% of our darn offense through the kid.  If CMC goes down and we can’t run the ball because of CAP being just mediocre we are in trouble.  

If CMC goes down it makes us one dimensional and then they are gonna pin their ears back against Cam.  Hell we could be left with a season with Grier trying to run this offense with CAP running the ball.  The is a disaster. 

So is Scarlett the answer?  I have no idea.  But I am hoping we find someone to have a good 1, 2 punch.  And to grind out some 4 th quarter games.  We can’t keep running CMC like the Rams did Gurley.  

Archived