• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

LeBron James

King Taharqa

:and if you like him so much why are all 10 of your posts in this thread sarcastic jabs at him dancing?

I don't follow the King Taharqa doctrine that if I'm a fan of a player then I have to walk around with his dick in my mouth all day long, slurping away, free from any criticism.

You do plenty good at that for everyone, I think

I don't follow the King Taharqa doctrine that if I'm a fan of a player then I have to walk around with his dick in my mouth all day long, slurping away, free from any criticism.

You do plenty good at that for everyone, I think

Says the Jay Cutler nuthugger.

Dont get mad at me because you made something up that never happened to try and smear LeBron and stand on one of your imaginary soapboxes. We all know your MO when it comes to black superstar athletes who have swagger and confidence in themselves, you always got some slick poo to say or act like a lil bitch cuz them dudes believe in themselves. Ive seen you down alot of em. You did it with Bonds, you did it with Vick, you did it with Vince Young (couldnt wait to throw him under the bus), now you're doing it with LeBron James. This is why I say we need more african americans writing on sports, cuz when certain people dont understand our culture or what our kids are about they instinctively portray it as something negative.

If someone dickrides Peyton Manning on this board (and plenty people here have) it doesnt make me want to make 30 sarcastic posts clowning him like it does you Dimbee. My ego isnt shattered and I dont have the incessant need to act like Im some moral authority on what he should be doing.

Says the Jay Cutler nuthugger.

Relevance? Was Jay Cutler free from criticism by me this past season? Hardly. So, blow me, KT.

Dont get mad at me because you made something up that never happened to try and smear LeBron and stand on one of your imaginary soapboxes. We all know your MO when it comes to black superstar athletes who have swagger and confidence in themselves, you always got some slick poo to say or act like a lil bitch cuz them dudes believe in themselves. Ive seen you down alot of em. You did it with Bonds, you did it with Vick, you did it with Vince Young (couldnt wait to throw him under the bus) And I also was one of the first to jump on his bandwago and say how happy I was to see him bounce back, wasn't I, KT? - dimbee, now you're doing it with LeBron James. This is why I say we need more african americans writing on sports, cuz when certain people dont understand our culture or what our kids are about they instinctively portray it as something negative.

Feel better, KT? I always look forward to these kind of wide ass paintbrush strokes you like to paint me with. I'm surprised you didn't call me David Duke again.

I downed Vick because he had swagger and confidence? :lol: That's a rich one.

It was hardly Bonds' "swagger and confidence" that earned him my ire.

You can take all of these examples and warp and twist them into whatever you want them to be, KT.

baad6c0e8622cdb1e00ba4f5a5e0a32d-getty-98413990_dlk037_bull_v_cavs.jpg

The King loves the city of Chicago

INDEPENDENCE, Ohio (AP)—LeBron James loves vacationing in Chicago. He just has no interest in doing it anytime soon.

After the Chicago Bulls’ Joakim Noah sharply criticized the city of Cleveland, saying there is nothing to do and no one vacations there, James on Wednesday called Chicago one of the greatest places in America.

“It’s an awesome city. Great restaurants, great shopping,” said James, who spent three summers in Chicago while in high school working out at Michael Jordan’s facility. “I have nothing bad (to say) about Chicago, and I’m not saying that because of what he said about Cleveland. I’m dead serious. We all love Chicago.”

Without prompting, James then added that he has vacationed in Chicago a few times. As reporters laughed at the irony, James chuckled, but insisted he was serious.

“You all are making it a joke, tomorrow it’s going to be a joke, but I’m being very serious,” he said. “I love Chicago. I love Cleveland and love Akron, too.”

The Cavaliers practiced at home Wednesday before departing for Chicago, where they will face the Bulls on Thursday already leading their Eastern Conference playoff series 2-0. The top-seeded Cavs can advance and prevent Noah and the Bulls from returning to Cleveland by sweeping the series with wins on Thursday and Sunday.

James was at his best in Game 2, finishing with 40 points, eight rebounds and eight assists. He scored 15 in the fourth quarter in response to Chicago’s bench, which dared him throughout the night to shoot jump shots. James appeared offended by the challenge after the game on Monday and was still shaking his head about it Wednesday.

“I understand a lot of teams would like to make me shoot jumpers and keep me out of the paint,” James said. “That’s what I would do if I was guarding me, but I wouldn’t talk to me if I was guarding me. I would just let me play my game.”

James’ game has him on the verge of winning a second consecutive MVP award, but he took exception Wednesday to the criticism he receives after big games. James said he’s tired of hearing he doesn’t get his teammates involved on nights he has scoring outbursts.

“It kind of bothers me,” James said. “I still end up with eight rebounds and eight assists. It doesn’t make sense to me. I feel like my presence on the court as an individual automatically gets our teammates involved.”

Teammate Anthony Parker has heard the criticisms, but dismisses them.

“If Carmelo (Anthony) has a big game, if Kobe (Bryant) has a big game, it’s not the same,” Parker said. “He’s one of the most unselfish superstars. We know what LeBron can do and we trust him to make the right decision. If he has a game where he’s feeling it, we trust him to score.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Almq568wT2hrFT2rdzLOc2.8vLYF?slug=ap-lebron-windycity

b44d0c2224013f39386c4f674ae141f5-getty-98257329jm045_cavs_bulls.jpg

JAMES: CAVS WILL BENEFIT FROM LOSS

CHICAGO (AP)—Bring on the adversity, LeBron James said.

Nothing like a little two-point loss to give a team a big jolt, and that’s exactly what the Cleveland Cavaliers got from the Chicago Bulls in Game 3. So instead of going for a sweep, the Cavs will try to go up 3-1 when their first-round series resumes Sunday at the United Center.

In other words, they’re still in a good spot. And James insisted the loss will help the Cavaliers.

“You see what happened last year,” James said.

The Cavaliers swept Detroit and Atlanta, then dropped the opener against Orlando in the Eastern Conference finals before bowing out in six games. Now, they’re trying to shake off a wild 108-106 loss to the Bulls on Thursday, when they cut a 21-point deficit to one in the closing seconds but came up short, adding some drama to a series that figured to be a breeze.

After all, Cleveland was a league-best 61-21 while Chicago barely made the playoffs as the eighth seed with 41 wins.

“There’s nothing wrong with facing adversity,” James said. “Losing a game makes you better as a series (goes on) and you want to go through some bumps and bruises throughout a series. This is no panic mode for anybody.

“Chicago played a great game. We digged, digged, digged, but we digged ourselves too much of a hole. We played well to end the game, so we can use that going into Game 4 as motivation, but at the same time … if we had won that game, we would have been like ‘OK, we can always just turn it on.’ We don’t want to do that. So I think us losing that game is going to help us in the long run.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-cavaliers-bulls

lebron-james-suit.jpg

THE KING EYEING NBA OWNERSHIP

CLEVELAND (AP)—Own like Mike? Cavaliers star LeBron James could see himself following idol Michael Jordan into NBA ownership.

James, whose path to superstardom has followed a similar trajectory as Jordan’s, said Tuesday night before Cleveland faced Chicago in Game 5 of the playoffs that he would “love” to someday own an NBA team. Jordan assumed ownership of the Charlotte Bobcats in March, buying the club for $275 million from Bob Johnson.

“I would love to be in that position,” James said. “It’s a great position to be able to own a team and be able to put pieces together and make decisions.”

The 25-year-old James, who has made savvy business decisions since joining the league, said he understands the challenges of ownership.

“It’s definitely a tough job,” said James, the league’s reigning MVP, who is almost certain to win again. “But I love the game and I know talent. If an opportunity presents itself later on in my life, then I will try.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AraL02NX6IvhTBZuSxn981a8vLYF?slug=ap-lebron-nbaowner

hmmmmmm.

As expected LeBron wins MVP, his second straight.

2e2dedcab7a869cce378b2f1dc7650c9-getty-98269916gs020_chicago_bulls.jpg

LeBron James(notes) has joined one of the NBA’s most exclusive clubs.

Cleveland’s superstar was voted the league’s MVP for the second straight year, a person familiar with the announcement told The Associated Press on Friday. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the league has not announced the results of the vote.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AoG_7P28NzOd9L1aOOniwEe8vLYF?slug=ap-james-mvp

Yeah I was thinking about the time Lebron is ready to own a franchise, Jordan might be interested in stepping down.

I wouldn't say Lebron coming here is impossible, but it is a pipe dream.

Still, all signs point to yes.

The only thing stopping him is I think the kid really wants to play for his hometown squad, and it'll be hard for him to leave the Cavs and put on another team's jersey.

Archived