• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Barclays Premier League- 2019/20 Season Thread

Shocker

Premier League season discussions here...

Chelsea pretty lucky to get a point today against Leicester.  This will be a interesting year for Chelsea...just hoping for growth from the young players.  Top 4 appears unlikely.  Willian comes on and looked horrible.  His laziness is killing me.  We need Hudson-Odoi back badly.  Willian has these lazy atrocious games way to often.  He was appallingly bad today.

On 8/18/2019 at 1:30 PM, Shocker said:

Premier League season discussions here...

Chelsea pretty lucky to get a point today against Leicester.  This will be a interesting year for Chelsea...just hoping for growth from the young players.  Top 4 appears unlikely.  Willian comes on and looked horrible.  His laziness is killing me.  We need Hudson-Odoi back badly.  Willian has these lazy atrocious games way to often.  He was appallingly bad today.

The season just started so a lot of time to adjust.  Arsenal barely squick thru these 2 games.  Arsenal is playing against Liverpool this week... could be ugly.

Honestly, drawing level with ManC at their house surprised the hell outta me. We don't have the best record in their house, so a draw is about as good as I could expect lately. All I gotta say is, thank goodness for VAR!

(I'll hate it and curse it later, I'm sure, but for now, it's alright by me)

On 8/19/2019 at 8:26 PM, ARSEN said:

The season just started so a lot of time to adjust.  Arsenal barely squick thru these 2 games.  Arsenal is playing against Liverpool this week... could be ugly.

Arsenal and Tott are better than Chelsea.  Chelsea has talent but shaky at the back and no real lead striker = mediocrity 

5 hours ago, Shocker said:

Arsenal and Tott are better than Chelsea.  Chelsea has talent but shaky at the back and no real lead striker = mediocrity 

Frankly, it all depends on how healthy the teams will stay.  United is very thin all over the place.  Spurs D is few injuries away from being crap,  Arsenal have a ton of midfielders but only few quality ones and their D is garbage.  The healthiest teams will do good this season.

1 hour ago, Shocker said:

Chelsea win and Man U and Arsenal lose.  Happy times.  Liverpool looking really stout so not a terrible loss.

Tammy Abraham needs to stay at lead striker...he isn’t great with control but finds the net.

Liverpool took advantage of Arsenal terrible fullbacks.  Liverpool attacked nonstop on the wings and their fullbacks literally played wingers.  It will be a different story come January with Bellerin and Tierney slated to come back in 2-4 weeks. 

Why Liverpool and City are so successful is because they got great CBs which allowing their FBs go into all out attack.  Both Liverpool and City FBs are great attackers.  That in turn splits open opposite team midfield due to overload.

Arsenal is in rebuilding phase to try to copycat that but it won’t take full effect until next year when Saliba and another CB will join the team.  

On 8/21/2019 at 3:41 PM, Shocker said:

Not so sure about my guys, with the loss to Newcastle last week. Guess we'll start to see tomorrow if they really have what it takes to contend this year, or if there's just too much contentious internal strife from players wanting out that's affecting our locker room. 

3 hours ago, Raskle said:

Not so sure about my guys, with the loss to Newcastle last week. Guess we'll start to see tomorrow if they really have what it takes to contend this year, or if there's just too much contentious internal strife from players wanting out that's affecting our locker room. 

Arsenal have a good attack but their D is bad...  Holding, Bellerin and Tierney are still out for 2-3 more weeks.  Arsenal will likely counter a lot tomorrow.  

11 minutes ago, ARSEN said:

Arsenal have a good attack but their D is bad...  Holding, Bellerin and Tierney are still out for 2-3 more weeks.  Arsenal will likely counter a lot tomorrow.  

Obviously we are all playing for 3rd...Liverpool and Man City on another planet

9 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Obviously we are all playing for 3rd...Liverpool and Man City on another planet

Yep, that’s true. Arsenal one season away from competing.  Still need a LW, CM and CB. Arsenal D will be pretty good next season when Saliba comes in and another top CB signed.  Arsenal will finish rebuilding almost same time Liverpool players start going past prime.

Archived