• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Smitty and returning punts.

weyco2000

Last year (2008), he was used in the return game against the Saints.

2007, he was used in back to back game against the Saints and Cardinals.

Carolina has gone to Smith every season he has been a Panther.....you don't know what you are talking about.

Show me a link, cause he's not listed on nfl.com as touching a kickoff or punt since 2006! Put up or shut up!

Show me a link, cause he's not listed on nfl.com as touching a kickoff or punt since 2006! Put up or shut up!

I just did put up. I even gave you the specific games he was used as a returner. You claim to be a big boy...you can look it up yourself.

I just did put up. I even gave you the specific games he was used as a returner. You claim to be a big boy...you can look it up yourself.

You just a prick who talks and talks, and needs to be listening instead. A good head coach, a good team, doesn't risk their best player returning any knd of kicks. This is not college football where the players are paid under the table. This is pro football and if a pro bowl wide receiver was to get hurt doing some stupid stuff like this, the media would kill the coach, the owner, as well as you!

You just a prick who talks and talks, and needs to be listening instead. A good head coach, a good team, doesn't risk their best player returning any knd of kicks. This is not college football where the players are paid under the table. This is pro football and if a pro bowl wide receiver was to get hurt doing some stupid stuff like this, the media would kill the coach, the owner, as well as you!

Smith has been used every season. No one is suggesting he become a full time returner again....but he should field about 3-5 a year pending on situations....

I have already given you plenty of examples...Carolina does it, Ravens do it, and plenty of teams use guys in the return game for sparks when the return game is weak.

Another thing to consider is that you're instantly giving Steve Smith a touch where he's already in space with blockers in front.

While I'm not so sure he's the best playmaker in space on the team anymore (DeAngelo Williams), he's still not far behind. In the past, Steve has done very well as a return man when he's not getting the ball in the passing game.

Smith has been used every season. No one is suggesting he become a full time returner again....but he should field about 3-5 a year pending on situations....

I have already given you plenty of examples...Carolina does it, Ravens do it, and plenty of teams use guys in the return game for sparks when the return game is weak.

Ok, somehow cause the Panthers suck you feel it's smart to put our best weapon into situations to get hurt! I can live with that, but when he gets hurt doing stupid things that we have backup corners, and receivers for, are you going to be upset? Do you see any of the best receivers in the league returning kicks, not what you call the best, but the top ten or so, without players hurt who would normally do it?

Ok, somehow cause the Panthers suck you feel it's smart to put our best weapon into situations to get hurt! I can live with that, but when he gets hurt doing stupid things that we have backup corners, and receivers for, are you going to be upset? Do you see any of the best receivers in the league returning kicks, not what you call the best, but the top ten or so, without players hurt who would normally do it?

This is my last post in this thread simply b/c you refuse to acknowledge facts. Smith has always been used for a spark in the return game...I just think his #s' should be ever slightly bumped up. From 1 or 2 times to 3-5.

How many top 10 WRs are also Pro Bowl cailber return men? They aren't...therefore they aren't used. Other teams do however use there top WRs and positional players that excell in returns. If they are also legit return men and the teams were weak on ST...you see them in some moments. Why is Ed Reed used? I guess Baltimore doesn't care that the best S in the league could get hurt and is stupid....that, or they simply try to do what is best for the team to win...and they know what Reed's impact can have.

This is my last post in this thread simply b/c you refuse to acknowledge facts. Smith has always been used for a spark in the return game...I just think his #s' should be ever slightly bumped up. From 1 or 2 times to 3-5.

How many top 10 WRs are also Pro Bowl cailber return men? They aren't...therefore they aren't used. Other teams do however use there top WRs and positional players that excell in returns. If they are also legit return men and the teams were weak on ST...you see them in some moments. Why is Ed Reed used? I guess Baltimore doesn't care that the best S in the league could get hurt and is stupid....that, or they simply try to do what is best for the team to win...and they know what Reed's impact can have.

na

You are by far the dumbest football fan in history! When did you see Jerry Rice returning kicks after he got paid? The other dude is right, I'm sure glad you are not our head coach!

Archived