• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

OPP Game Notes: LA 30, CAR 27

ellis

Game Notes: A few tidbits from Sunday’s loss.

Later on: Film Room—our deeper dive into the film from Sunday. Lessons learned, and such. 

Tomorrow AM: A full preview of Panthers/Bucs.

We’ll be live in CLT for the game to provide our flavor of live game reports and analysis...and other shenanigans: hit us up if you’re there. 

I really enjoy your content. Thanks for the share.

I like the idea of getting Thomas involved. There is no way Manhertz is so much better of a blocker that Thomas shouldn't be the #2. The other things Thomas brings to the table have to make that an uneven comparison. The only thing I feared with Thomas was a sophomore slump but that didn't seem to be the case in preseason. 

I also like the idea of playing dime. At times the nickle has been an issue for us with bad matchups. I think if we are going to use gelling for Oline, it fits with the DBs too. I still can't believe we found 2 more DBs worth playing, it's been a while. I have been very happy with Bradbury and Jackson. New coach looks to be doing a good job and I look forward to his unit under him. Side note, same with Chase. He is killing it in a great way.

I'm kinda over the Cam the power back and would have to disagree. It was amazing and I knew the day would come that Cam would have to do it less and less. I think and hope he can still scramble but it's time to see what he can do with his arm. We are spoiled. We have had an extra player out there with Cam doing two jobs while being our power back too. I don't know if this is the year, but it's as good as any time. I would rather see Cam throw the ball than Alen or Grier. Other than CMC and Olsen, it's time someone else other than Cam got a little more dangerous. Well, and a wide open Wright who just happens to be super reliable. If Cam wants to go out in a blaze of glory I'm behind him 100 % but if he wants a longer career and more money he needs to throw the ball more and run less at some point. 

How in the hell do you have a bad mic in your own house? I couldn't believe it. We literally Bilicheated ourselves, fugging unbelievable. 

I think it’s realistic to assume that newton will gradually decrease his carries over the next few years. I still question how limited that will make him, and this offense in general, in terms of freeing up that one extra defender to play the pass. He’s really going to need to keep working on intermediate throws. I do believe the deep ball is back, from camp observations. And I think you’re gonna see him air that thing out tomorrow. 

16 minutes ago, ellis said:

I think it’s realistic to assume that newton will gradually decrease his carries over the next few years. I still question how limited that will make him, and this offense in general, in terms of freeing up that one extra defender to play the pass. He’s really going to need to keep working on intermediate throws. I do believe the deep ball is back, from camp observations. And I think you’re gonna see him air that thing out tomorrow. 

I have questions and concerns too. I just think it's a necessary evolution or else. The or else is really exciting until it's just really sad. I just don't see how long that can possibly go on, the man has done some things on the field that would have killed other QBs. Hell, the refs have allowed a few of them too.

The deep ball would be a huge addition and exciting but i think you are right about the intermediate throws. It's a good game and time to air it out. If Cam wants to build some confidence, this can be a good game. Beginning of the year combined with a short week is likely to be a sloppy mess at times with an opponent he is familiar with. 

Archived