• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kyle Allen is an inexperienced but good backup qb who is learning!

Matt62881

26 minutes ago, SBiii said:

Over 2 weeks ago Schefter reported he is healed up and ready to go.

When do you expect him back?

His exact language was not that.  Moreover, that was directly contradicted by numerous other sources within hours and  days of that. 

I expect GB at earliest but I wouldn't be astonished if it is later than that either.

29 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

His exact language was not that.  Moreover, that was directly contradicted by numerous other sources within hours and  days of that. 

I expect GB at earliest but I wouldn't be astonished if it is later than that either.

"@AdamSchefter

Panthers’ QB Cam Newton’s foot injury has healed well and he is expected to be ready to practice after the team’s bye this week, per league source."

---------------------------

Quite specific there, healed well & ready to practice.

Who contradicted it?  Riverboat declined to confirm it but I saw nothing from anyone contradicting it.  Could you provide a link?

At the 'Boat's press conf today there was virtually zero talk abt Cam coming back, by all appearances the reporters have given up on asking questions about it. 

Green Bay you say?  How does that timeline play out?

No one is going to quarterback this team until we get much better in other areas. 

Someone did point out the 1994 49ers getting destroyed a few games in and then going on to win another Super Bowl.

it happens.  Of course they had Steve Young,...

12 hours ago, My Goodness My Guinness said:

I love how QB's either have to be crowned the next Tom Brady or condemned as a life-long backup. There is literally no in between for fans. I like the potential of Allen but he's not anywhere near a 100% Cam. We should still all be cheering Allen on because who knows when or if Cam can even get back to 90%.

I really hope Cam get come back strong but the last year and a half coupled with the shear number of hits that he's taken in his career doesn't have me feeling too comfortable. 

Thank you for some common sense.  There was talk of Allen being a back up nothing more even before he played his second game this season.  Ok he is a rookie thrown in the deep end, he has stopped the fumbles and shown ability to improve.   

4 hours ago, GoPanthers123 said:

How would Cam fare after those 7 sacks?  Like it or not but at some point we need to be real about Cams health and consider the future.

It is true the question of his health is bothersome but never in his career when he was hurt was he actually allowed to heal. This was a freak injury and not his shoulder. I sayblet him get healthy and we should have early 2018 Cam back but personally id wrather be positive. Hekk he might come back better because his shoulder wasnt 100% then.

44 minutes ago, Matt62881 said:

It is true the question of his health is bothersome but never in his career when he was hurt was he actually allowed to heal. This was a freak injury and not his shoulder. I sayblet him get healthy and we should have early 2018 Cam back but personally id wrather be positive. Hekk he might come back better because his shoulder wasnt 100% then.

i get what you're saying but the 'never in his career when he was hurt was he actually allowed to heal' part is disingenuous - unless you're including cam in that assessment.  no one made cam play hurt.   that's not how it works.   cam chose of his own will to play those games in '16 and last year.  

1 hour ago, raz said:

i get what you're saying but the 'never in his career when he was hurt was he actually allowed to heal' part is disingenuous - unless you're including cam in that assessment.  no one made cam play hurt.   that's not how it works.   cam chose of his own will to play those games in '16 and last year.  

Yea hes competitive doing the thing he loves, ibwould have played injured too exspecially if the coach is asking can i go. Yes i can go even tho its not the best thing for me. Its the coaches job to not even ask that question when he is obviousely hurt to badly to play....would you not have played when you felt your team was counting on you?

5 minutes ago, Matt62881 said:

Yea hes competitive doing the thing he loves, ibwould have played injured too exspecially if the coach is asking can i go. Yes i can go even tho its not the best thing for me. Its the coaches job to not even ask that question when he is obviousely hurt to badly to play....would you not have played when you felt your team was counting on you?

i'm in total agreement that there are 1000 examples of rivera not protecting cam from himself.  that failure extends to g'man and marty.   tepper having to pull the plug on him last year says a lot about those failures.  some of it also has to land on cam and whoever he gets advice from.   but yeah i put more of the responsibility on the coach and gm's.    i wish cam had the fortitude and certainty like kawai did.    luck realized it too late.  i hope its a lesson other qb's around the league take notice of.   the org may not have your best interest at heart, but their own instead - even at the qb position

1 hour ago, raz said:

i'm in total agreement that there are 1000 examples of rivera not protecting cam from himself.  that failure extends to g'man and marty.   tepper having to pull the plug on him last year says a lot about those failures.  some of it also has to land on cam and whoever he gets advice from.   but yeah i put more of the responsibility on the coach and gm's.    i wish cam had the fortitude and certainty like kawai did.    luck realized it too late.  i hope its a lesson other qb's around the league take notice of.   the org may not have your best interest at heart, but their own instead - even at the qb position

I agree, but I truly believe Cam was pulled in time tho he could have been playing 100% this year already if handled correctly. I think Cam has some even better years in front of him then what we've seen, hes far more accurate when fully healthy then given credit for.

17 minutes ago, Matt62881 said:

I agree, but I truly believe Cam was pulled in time tho he could have been playing 100% this year already if handled correctly. I think Cam has some even better years in front of him then what we've seen, hes far more accurate when fully healthy then given credit for.

He just had 9 months off.  How long does it take to fully heal?

3 minutes ago, SBiii said:

He just had 9 months off.  How long does it take to fully heal?

And then had a lifsranc injury in preseason on one of his first snaps where he shouldnt have been out there considering Rivera had no clue what was going on with the oline at the time. Was still honestly a freak injury. He also had no buisness playing in the first two games with a LISFRANC injury....but ya know.....

Archived