• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"I'm proud that I won back to back to back NFC South titles... Let me reemphasize... "

FeelTheBurns53

22 hours ago, beo said:

i know right, his 70-47-1 record prior to cam getting hurt is so horrible. he truly kills everything he touches, keeping this team together through pure disaster and still managing a playoff win? what a horrible coach! he's been garbage his whole time here. send him to the guillotine!

Don't post the win/loss stats as if Ron was the main figure behind that result was him.

Rivera didn't want McDermott, Jerry did. So he got a coordinator capable of fielding a top 5-10 defense put in place for him. Even after McDermott was gone, Wilks was running his defensive schemes not Ron's.

The last two years you got to see Rivera field his own defense and schemes and look at the result.

The defensive guru's special sauce 3-4 hybrid defensive scheme is now in consideration for one of the worst run D's in the history of the sport.

Ron + Above average LB + Average vet LB + elite ATG LB + highest sack count + big name Dlinesman (all above average) + one above average CB + one volatile CB that can have good or bad games + below average Safeties = one of the worst defense's this season and one of the worst run D's in the history of the sport.

That's what people are referring to when they talk about talent killer.

This is the result of Ron scheming, calling and planning the defense on his own terms.

But.....bbut.....but Washington was calling the plays. Until he wasn't and the defense still played comedy football.

On 12/7/2019 at 6:52 AM, Megadeth said:

Don't post the win/loss stats as if Ron was the main figure behind that result was him.

Rivera didn't want McDermott, Jerry did. So he got a coordinator capable of fielding a top 5-10 defense put in place for him. Even after McDermott was gone, Wilks was running his defensive schemes not Ron's.

The last two years you got to see Rivera field his own defense and schemes and look at the result.

The defensive guru's special sauce 3-4 hybrid defensive scheme is now in consideration for one of the worst run D's in the history of the sport.

Ron + Above average LB + Average vet LB + elite ATG LB + highest sack count + big name Dlinesman (all above average) + one above average CB + one volatile CB that can have good or bad games + below average Safeties = one of the worst defense's this season and one of the worst run D's in the history of the sport.

That's what people are referring to when they talk about talent killer.

This is the result of Ron scheming, calling and planning the defense on his own terms.

But.....bbut.....but Washington was calling the plays. Until he wasn't and the defense still played comedy football.

it was prior to his later tenure, which is what that figure represents. your tangent is regarding more recent times, where i'd agree ron has lost it and isn't as good as he was. dude cant adapt at all.

On 12/9/2019 at 7:28 AM, beo said:

it was prior to his later tenure, which is what that figure represents. your tangent is regarding more recent times, where i'd agree ron has lost it and isn't as good as he was. dude cant adapt at all.

Before those years Ron didn't do squat on defense, McDermott ran the schemes and called the plays that made the Panthers one of the premier defenses in the league in both 2013 and 2015 (which played a huge part in the teams success).

Ron hasn't gotten any worse, only now he doesn't have quality coaches under him, so he has to rely on his own schemes and play calling. He also had plenty of time to look outside the Panthers organisation for someone new and capable. Instead he promotes incompetent coaches already on the staff, or hires someone he has worked with before. Cam and McDermott made Ron look good.

Archived