• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My Current View of our Roster Update- I added my roster projection on Page 7 with FA and some Draft Picks.

Matt62881

1 hour ago, Actionman0z said:

4-3 roster? I’m telling you right now, Jordan kunazck will be our starting MLB next year. With Shaq and Simmons (draft pick)

You may be right on Jordan my friend, good find, I sure didn't know anything about him.

https://www.panthers.com/news/undrafted-rookie-linebacker-jordan-kunaszyk-earned-his-way-onto-53-roster

Really good read, I don't see a reason for Simmons at 7 though. 

8 minutes ago, SetfreexX said:

The smartest thing to do at this point in time is see what you have with a healthy Cam, don't let the media poorly informed narrative / speculation feed your opinion. 

If you step back and look at this team, we have the ability to bring back the talent exiting on defense that we want to keep, offensively we do not have huge holes, OL needs an upgrade at LG, and we have two 2nd rounders at each T position entering their 2nd and 3rd year respectively. And the skill positions top depth is as good as we've had. (Moore / Samuel / CMC), with an actual NFL top 10 caliber QB under center we'd look COMPLETELY different. 

Cam is 30, and if Rhule is the leader Tepper believes him to be, and Brady is the offensive genius bringing us passing concepts similar to New Orleans, while also catering to a healthy Cam's ability you'd be foolish to tear ti all down for 2020. Add in top 7 picks in each round and we have a real chance to round out offensive / defensive talent / depth. 

I think the smart thing is to treat the roster how he treated the coaching, he gave Rivera a year (this past season) to see what he could do, I think the same can be said of Cam this season, what can he do THIS year, we need to know that before you do something as drastic as trading him, because we're NOT going to release a former MVP for 19M in space when we can get upwards of 50+ M already while keeping him, and using that to add / extend talent like Bradberry.

We're not getting Burrow, and Tua / Herbert will be gone by #6 (MIA / LAC). 

So if you're not getting a top QB, you play Cam, and no one is going to pay us a king's ransom with all of the ''if healthy'' talk as an excuse to drive the price down, Cam said he wants to be here, and Tepper said he wants a healthy Cam here, a lis-franc is not a career threatening injury, and he's had a full year of no wear on his arm. 

There's little reason not to expect an extremely motivated and healthy #1 heading into March / April. 

Thank you! My sentiments exactly. These people thinking our roster sucks kills me.

52 minutes ago, SetfreexX said:

Feels like a lot of fans forget how miserable life without a franchise level QB can be, EVEN after witnessing the likes of the ''Kyle is better than Cam'' era, and the short lived ''Will Grier'' experience.

It's like they dont even remember the difference....if we went 5-11 with KA and no run defense what can this roster do with Cam.

On 1/16/2020 at 12:47 AM, Matt62881 said:

I spent an hour writing this lol, so please read if you have the time and give me your opinions on what you think I got right and what I got wrong. I seriously think if we resign our FAs on defense and fix our run D by getting at least 2 Dts capable of disrupting run schemes it will have a ripple effect to the lbs then secondary and fix the whole D. I'm on the D. Brown train at 7 currently.

Thanks for sharing.  Great to see inside other brains--except Steven's.  Makes me think of marbles for some reason.

On 1/16/2020 at 12:14 AM, Matt62881 said:

OFFENSE 

QB- Cam Newton(logically I think its stupid to move on from him this year unless someone gives us the farm) We wont find a better current qb in the draft or FA, if it doesnt work out we should get a early pick next year for a Qb. Kyle Allen- He looked horrible in extended action but for a few games in a pinch, he would be fine. Position is Elite with a healthy Cam.

HB- CMC- Set nothing more to say, fine with Armah and anyone else that's there who should get more use this year....should. Position is Elite

TE- Ian Thomas- Has shown flashes of elite athleticism and fairly good hands even with a few important drops this year, whenever given extended play, he has excelled. Manhertz- Fine for blocking but I wouldn't mind an upgrade through the draft or FA( I really miss two TE sets with effective pass catchers who can also block). Position looks promising but could use a draft pick.

LT- Greg Little- we have no idea what we actually have in this kid since his snaps were so limited. I look at his rookie season as a giant ? Mark but hes young and has potential. Dennis Dayley- played ok in a pinch but is also young, could have benefitted from decent LG play or any continuity on the Oline. Moton- also young and showed to be our best tackle because, well hes not a rookie, unfortunately they seem to like him on the right side and refuse to try him on the left. Position is young and is a giant question mark with upside.

LG- GVR- not very good, seems to run block decently. Dayley can play here as well. Position is a must in the draft even if just for depth. 

C- Paradis- Played horrible in his first year back from injury, here's hoping hes better after another year or is moved to LG where he doesnt have to snap the ball before blocking. Larsen- a backup who couldn't beat out Paradis. Position must be drafted high, as the signal caller on the oline, the whole O can fall apart due to the center.

RG- Trai- a pro bowler but I didn't see it, maybe in run blocking? He might be suffering from the Center and Qb being awful as well. Not our biggest priority, possible late round project pick.

RT Moton- Our best lineman, if the rest of the line plays well, he will be fine. Position should be fine. 

WRs- DJ Moore- Has shown why he was a first round pick, runs great routes and shows soft hands putting up over 1k yds missing 2 games with KA under center. Curtis Samuel- Perfect player across from Moore. In general he has shown soft hands and the ability to stretch the field keeping defenses honest. Can take a short play and turn it up field for a large gain. More potential then Ted Ginn. Hogan/Wright- Wright was disappointing this year with drops but I think it will be isolated to this year, both these guys do the same thing, they come out run good routes and pick up 1st downs out of the slot. We need a good Kick and Punt return guy here but other then that I think we are set.

DEFENSE BASE 43 WITH ALOT OF NICKEL. 

Edge- Brian Burns- at the end of the year he showed he is also effective with his hand in the dirt, a blue chip player. Addison- Solid older Vet Obada- young and has showed flashes,  here's to hoping he comes on. Haynes/Miller- I wouldn't mind running a hybrid set again in another year or so when we have the pieces or even sprinkling in the 34 on passing downs and letting these guys eat, think nascar packs. Could use the 7th if it is bpa and transition back to the 43 full time and use Haynes and miller in fully situational passing downs. 

DT- KK- so underrated on here, our best run stoppers since star left and is why his stats have dropped. McCoy- hope to resign him to a cheaper contract due to the pure lack of depth here. Must be addressed in FA and the Draft, our weakest position on defense and it effects the rest of the d from the lbs to the secondary. This is where we fix our run defense. Possible pick at 7 and my preferred choice. 

MLB- Shaq- Solid piece, blue chip worth his first round pick and you will see this now that he is the guy. Andre Smith/Jermaine Carter- man I hope these guys are ready....A position of strength turns to a depth concern over night...still hurts. Address middle of the draft or in FA, a guy like Aj Klien would be nice.

ROLB- Pretty much the same thing as MLB....could resign Bruce Irvin to play here but would like to use him to blitz alot if that's the case, same goes for Haynes/Miller. Same as above unless Irvin comes back fairly cheap.

LOLB- same as ROLB

CB- Bradberry- not a top 5 CB in this league but probably top 10, would like to resign as he does his job against bigger physical receivers. D-Jax- I personally think he had a down year and will bounce back in 2020, I like him moving around with the fastest guy on the opposing team. With better coaching and more experience, he will be fine. Ross Cockrell-please pay this man, he just works for what we do. We aren't in a horrible position here if we can resign Bradberry, if not I'd say this is another position in play at 7 or a higher paid FA.

SCB- J. elliot- wasn't horrible wasn't good, need an upgrade. Going back to the 43 this year we will rely on this position more, I want to see a mid round pick or a good FA signed for this spot. 

SS- E. Reid- fix the run defense and you fix him, you dont want him having to turn his hips trying to keep up with TEs and Speedy wrs, which is what happens when he has to play in the box almost every down. Hes good at what hes meant to do, come down and make the tackle or cover with his back to the endzone. Fine here unless bpa in draft.

FS- Tre Boston- another important FA that is underrated that was hurt by our run defense. He was asked to play single high quite a bit and actually didn't do too bad. Needs to be a better tackler but shines in coverage, would be better if we could play less single high. Fine here and same with draft bpa as above.

Overall we aren't missing as much as people would complain that we are. Our biggest issue on defense was our run D this year and I really think it can be fixed with a DT at 7 and a space eater either in the draft or through FA. We need to get our rotation back, that's for sure! On offense, once again our biggest issue is in the trenches and as I see it, the interior. Even fixing everything but LT will yield drastically better results then 2019. We have plenty of firepower and if we keep Cam, a qb that can get them the ball, the offense will be fine. Luke was a huge surprise and definitely hurts in more then one way but it is what it is. Keep it positive and lets see what this amazing looking new staff can do! Keep Pounding!

No offense to you and I admire the time spent, but this is literally the best case scenario in regards to every position.   You essentially are making excuses for half of these players playing poorly.  If I get bored enough I may do an adverse.  But damn calling Shaq a blue chip?  Tre Boston an important FA?  I mean damn......  Bradberry top 10 CB?  woah dude

McCaffrey, Samuel, Moore, Thomas, Moton, Turner on offense.

Burns, Short, Thompson, Reid on defense.

These guys are as safe as I can think of as starters on this team.  Anyone else is either not under contract, can lose their starting position with added competition, or won't be on the roster next season.

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

McCaffrey, Samuel, Moore, Thomas, Moton, Turner on offense.

Burns, Short, Thompson, Reid on defense.

These guys are as safe as I can think of as starters on this team.  Anyone else is either not under contract, can lose their starting position with added competition, or won't be on the roster next season.

Burns didnt start

7 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Neither did Thomas. But that's likely where we are heading for next year and there is no one else currently under contract to take Burns spot.

I would imagine they are going to have to sign someone off FA because as of today there is no way they trot Burns out there as a 3 down lineman

15 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I would imagine they are going to have to sign someone off FA because as of today there is no way they trot Burns out there as a 3 down lineman

Yeah there is a lot of work to do.  Obada right now is probably the other starter at DE.  And starter is probably a bad word to use on my part because even if Burns doesn't start after FA and the draft he will probably get still a ton of snaps.

Archived